Updated Samsung Galaxy S5 to Marshmellow now text messages won't vibrate or display preview.

• Replies:2
Dave Fascia
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 1, 2016, 7:55:15 AM via Website

I just updated today, and ever since text messages won't vibrate, even though it's in vibrate mode. Every setting i have says it should vibrate when i get a text, but no avail. When i first set phone to vibrate it will do that little vibrate thing, but once it's on, nothing.

Also my phone doesn't do that little preview thing anymore. You know the one when you get a text it displays it line by line on the notification bar.

Any tips besides factory reset?

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

Jul 1, 2016, 6:54:33 PM via Website

Dave Fascia

I just updated today, and ever since text messages won't vibrate, even though it's in vibrate mode. Every setting i have says it should vibrate when i get a text, but no avail. When i first set phone to vibrate it will do that little vibrate thing, but once it's on, nothing.

Also my phone doesn't do that little preview thing anymore. You know the one when you get a text it displays it line by line on the notification bar.

Any tips besides factory reset?

For the preview, check the Notifications in Settings. The options are Show All Content, Hide Sensitive Content, and Do Not Show Notifications

Dave Fascia
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 1, 2016, 10:46:44 PM via Website

Thank you for the reply, but it is set on "Show content", which should enable it to display the preview.