HTC One (M8) — How to Retrieve Deleted Photos from One M8

• Replies:11
Kelly Linus
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 14, 2016, 5:37:27 AM via Website

I have a lot of photos on my HTC One M8. This morning my wife got the phone and deleted a couple of photos that are very important for me. Unfortunately, I don't find the photos from my existing backups. Is it still possible to restore the deleted photos? thanks

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 37

Jun 14, 2016, 7:15:48 AM via Website

Hello Kelly,

there are several apps in Google Playstore to undelete files.

Best regards

Jeff

Kelly Linus

Jun 15, 2016, 3:57:18 AM via Website

I installed Undelete and DiskDigger. They can't locate any deleted photos from my device.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 37

Jun 15, 2016, 7:10:54 AM via Website

Then I think that you have no chance to get them back :-(

For future, I suggest you Foldersync https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dk.tacit.android.foldersync.full, and synchronize your photos with a cloud. But in options, you shouldn't use the option to synchronize deleted files.

Of course you could use your Google Account and Google Photos for this, but Google will synchronize deleted files as well.

There is also a lite version of Foldersync in Google Play.

Regards

Jeff

— modified on Jun 15, 2016, 7:14:22 AM

Benjen Cour
  • Forum posts: 16

Jun 16, 2016, 4:24:44 PM via Website

Werfer Jhon

I ever had the thing problem. The first thing you need to do stop using your phone until recovering the data.

How much time does it take to recover the data? Did you try it personally?

Dennis E.

Jun 17, 2016, 5:40:05 PM via Website

so did I works well!

Renee
  • Forum posts: 3

Aug 9, 2016, 11:00:30 AM via Website

There are some Android recovery softwares in the market that can recover deleted photos,videos and more from HTC. You can google it.

Christian Hannah
  • Forum posts: 22

Aug 10, 2016, 5:29:58 AM via Website

Hi,
I have the same problem before, I deleted my pictures by accident and very upset for those photos are very important to me. Fortunately, I finally found a software on the website. I tried it and restore my images eventually. It support retrieving data from Android device directly. You don't need to worry whether you have had a backup or not.

— modified on Aug 12, 2016, 12:20:33 PM

Archie Edwards
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 27, 2017, 5:33:58 PM via Website

If you still need some help, I would suggest you check out the trash of Google Drive if you have set up to sync before. If you can not find them there, and you have no backup available, I afraid you might need to use some tool for help, which supports to retrieve all the file format even without backup. Maybe you can take a try.
Hope this can help you retrieve deleted photos from HTC One.

Amy Heimbach
  • Forum posts: 29

Aug 7, 2017, 9:57:14 AM via Website

If you store the photos in SD card of HTC One, try RePicvid Free Photo Recovery to restore deleted pictures.

deveauwelle32
  • Forum posts: 26

Sep 20, 2017, 10:52:51 AM via Website

It is very easy and simple to retrieve the deleted photos from HTC phone.
For Android phone users, you need to do with Android photo recovery, it is efficient.
Just see the video, to know how to recover deleted photos easily.

— modified on Sep 21, 2017, 3:34:44 AM

Alice
  • Forum posts: 12

Dec 19, 2018, 7:26:18 AM via Website

Hi Kelly,

Keep in mind not to turn your phone off in case these data will be overwritten.

Then you can find a data recover app or software to help you retrieve deleted photos.