How to configure Bluetooth Low Energy to advertise in ADV_DIRECT_IND mode?

• Replies:2
Rohit Iti
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 13, 2016, 4:43:20 PM via Website

I want to advertise BLE using ADV_DIRECT_IND mode. This requires specific mac id to be mentioned. I want to advertise to only particular central device. I am not getting which API i should use and which class allows to set me this option.

Rohit Iti

Jun 13, 2016, 6:41:05 PM via Website

I want api in android to configure this option.

Chris Jordan

Oct 4, 2016, 2:05:02 PM via Website

How do I do BLEGUI Log Parsing and Filtering?

Install/build from source (use Visual Studio Community 2015 for free)
Open BLEGUI
Open BLEGUI Log Parser
Select a refresh-time (how often the logs get updated)
Decide what you want to filter on
Click ‘Start Logging’

How does it work?

I’ll be the first to admit, the approach for this program (which I wrote to help me debug firmware specifically for one client), is incredibly bush league.

It is a C# app (as BLEGUI is Windows only) that simply digs into the Windows ‘window’ hierarchy by looking for the BLEGUI program name, finds the appropriate window which houses the log data, and ‘clicks’ the ‘Copy to Clipboard’ button. This puts all of the log data onto the clipboard. It then pastes everything from that copy into the Log Parser’s window (and applies some filtering).

The obvious problem here is that, while you’re working, you’ll have a hard time copying and pasting (unless you do it between refresh cycles or when the logging is stopped). There is also probably an issue when your BLEGUI log gets too big, the copy/paste/filter might be slow but I haven’t run into that yet.

A secondary problem is that I just pull what’s in the BLEGUI log itself, meaning if you clear the log, you clear the log parser… That shouldn’t be a surprise, as it’s only intended as a run-time log parser, not a historical tool as well.
Read more here: sureshjoshi.com/development/blegui-log-parsing-and-filtering/