Backup a XT1069 in a "bootloop"

• Replies:4
Caio Rodrigues
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 3, 2016, 3:27:44 AM via Website

Hi guys,

So, i've been looking forward to install CM13 on my aunt's XT1069, but i had to backup everything in it, pictures and videos from her recent trip.
But when i was starting, i found a problem.
Even after installing Motorola Drivers, my computer didn't recognized the cellphone. Tried to activate developer options to activate debugging, but even touching the version number 7 times, the notification didn't popped up. I thought that was because of some virus, this cellphone is a loadout of shit, from 11,6GB usable memory, there was 500mb free memory. So i just restarted the cellphone.
But when i restarted it, it'd gone into some kind of a bootloop, it boot into the Android 6.0 screen, then goes into a black screen, and then it flashes the Android 6.0 screen instantly periodically. My concern here is not how to recovery the cellphone, but how to backup it with only fastboot available as a tool. Bootloader locked, stock recovery.

Anyway that i can unlock bootloader without wiping data?
Anyway i can backup it on fastboot/recovery?

Any help would be appreciated.

Amazing AtCS:GO
  • Forum posts: 6

Jun 4, 2016, 4:18:45 AM via Website

Hi, I had the same problem. It is quite frustrating but.

Have you checked for a Motorola software or firmware to reset the software to normal. Also a virus cannot mess with system without root access. (If you have root)

If there is no software. Try holding down the Power button and the Volume Up button at the same time until the boot android logo comes up, then select clear davlik. Then go back to the menu a press reboot now.

If this does not work that may mean the device is Soft-Bricked. If you have the receipt or any proof take it into the store where you got it from and explain that the update soft-bricked my phone.

PS, I had two devices in a bootloop
1. Could not fix had to refund.
2. I was lucky to clear dalvik data and reboot. No data loss no bugs.

I really do hope this helps. It is really annoying when a phone fails to update its software/Firmware

Kind regards
- Callum
Good Luck

Caio Rodrigues

Jun 4, 2016, 4:21:28 AM via Website

I know how to recovery from a soft brick, bro, I just want a solution to backup the cellphone.

Amazing AtCS:GO
  • Forum posts: 6

Jun 4, 2016, 4:36:59 AM via Website

Did you sync data to your google account. E.g, Contacts app data. Internet history and photos.
Android have an app called Google Photos which backs up pics and videos to a google drive server. And you can sign in again and press sync when you adding account.

Caio Rodrigues

Jun 4, 2016, 4:39:35 AM via Website

If my aunt did it, you think we were going to be having this conversation?