How to install Android Studio for Windows - Problem

• Replies:13
Dejan P.
  • Forum posts: 3

May 22, 2016, 7:24:16 PM via Website

When I first time start Android Studio after installation, I get this start screen.
Whats happend with letters on menu items? Android Studio working, but I have problem with something (fonts, regional settings...)? Do someone have expiriance with this case?

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

May 22, 2016, 7:43:37 PM via Website

Try restarting your system.

If that don't help, uninstall and reinstall.

Dejan P.

May 22, 2016, 8:44:33 PM via Website

Thanks! But I already did that and nothing.. (couple times)

Vladimir S.
  • Forum posts: 266

May 22, 2016, 9:12:26 PM via Website

Wnat version of Windows do you use? Is your device a tablet or PC/notebook?

Dejan P.

May 23, 2016, 7:19:09 AM via Website

PC, Windows 7

Vladimir S.
  • Forum posts: 266

May 23, 2016, 7:46:44 AM via Website

Do this problem apear in other apps? What language and locale did you choose while system installation?
Open Region and Language by clicking the Start button -> Control Panel -> Clock, Language, and Region -> Region and Language.
Click the Administrative tab, and then, under Language for non-Unicode programs, click Change system locale. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Kwan S.
  • Forum posts: 13

May 23, 2016, 3:57:40 PM via Website

Hii Dejan P, Check your date time and location setting as well. If all are ok then after installing android Studio go to setting icon and change language from there.

Gerald Adams
  • Forum posts: 16

May 24, 2016, 3:47:50 AM via Website

Try reviewing the installing steps, maybe you have miss something.

— modified on May 24, 2016, 12:25:33 PM by moderator

Hardik Jani
  • Forum posts: 14

May 25, 2016, 8:14:05 AM via Website

It shows something like machine language. That means something missing or during installation you have selected different or custom settings. Do one thing uninstall Android Studio (also you need to remove all viruses) then restart your systems, hope all files of android should be deleted then again install it like fresh installation. Follow the wizard instruction. The default language should English. Wait for full installation. After successfully complete the installation, again restart the system. Wait to load all programs then open Android Studio. Now it should work. However, you are facing the same problems then you should do googling also can find help from youtube.

damponting44
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 6, 2016, 2:30:01 PM via Website

Have a go at restarting your framework.

On the off chance that that don't help, uninstall and reinstall.

Christie Rodriguez
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 13, 2016, 8:18:31 AM via Website

Android Studio is an IDE based on IntelliJ IDEA used for android application development by the android app developers.
Installation process:
Select Start menu > Computer > System Properties > Advanced System Properties. Then open Advanced tab > Environment Variables, add new system variable JAVA_HOME that points to your JDK folder, for example C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21
Some Common Problems be like ERROR: cannot start Android Studio, It is a known issue with android studio. On some Windows systems, the launcher script does not find where Java is installed. If you encounter this problem, you need to set an environment variable indicating the correct location and start with the installation process mentioned above.

gintakao
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 30, 2018, 5:38:09 PM via Website

According to a thread show how to install AS stream-hub.com/cai-dat-android-studio#jdk in my country, You need to install jdk and jre first.

Caroline Grey
  • Forum posts: 8

Jul 31, 2018, 5:41:35 AM via Website

Have a go at restarting your framework.ask somebody to help you.

David Jordan

Oct 25, 2018, 10:24:58 AM via Website

Hi, Guys, while I am installing Android Studio, I was unable to click on Next button with the mouse, I had to use the keyboard to go through the process, also after it is fully setup, I was unable to use mouse clicks with anything with the program but minimize and maximize the program window, just the keyboard so I am able to move and choose in Android studio, I tried like everything, will someone please help me. I am using win7 laptop, 16gb ram.