Marshmellow

• Replies:6
Dan Meyer
  • Forum posts: 8

Mar 24, 2016, 8:40:41 PM via Website

Sorry if this is the incorrect sub forum.

I'm new to Smartphones and just downloaded Marshmellow 6.0. I'm confused with moving internal storage to SD card. With Lollypop when my "move to SD" app would inform me when an app could be moved to SD card, I then clicked on the app then clicked on the widow "Move to SD card". With Marshmellow each individual app no longer has the widow "Move to SD card". How do I move that particular app if it's able to be moved to an SD card?

John Martin
  • Forum posts: 20

Mar 26, 2016, 7:38:52 AM via Website

Marshmallow is different to Lollipop as it treats the SD card as intrinsic phone memory.

There is no longer any need to specify if an app should be stored on external memory to free up internal memory as it is all treated as one entity.

Mary Demello

Dan Meyer

Mar 26, 2016, 3:44:17 PM via Website

Thank you. I had read what Marshmallow said about the SD card, but quite honestly didn't understand it. One last question please. Do I still need an "apps to SD" app installed?

bwinds
  • Forum posts: 12

Apr 15, 2016, 11:07:04 AM via Website

I believe apps can add support for themselves - also Samsung decided to not support this feature, since SD card writing / reading speeds are so much slower than intern storage. It reduces the performance too much. I found SD cards (storing photos etc) to make things unstable a lot of times as well.

Dan Meyer

Apr 15, 2016, 1:26:25 PM via Website

Thanks much.

TRACYHAWK
  • Forum posts: 21

May 4, 2016, 12:03:58 PM via Website

It seems that there few people would update their Android to 6.0 but I think lots of users would await for Android N.

Dan Meyer

Dan Meyer

May 4, 2016, 1:19:07 PM via Website

Appreciate it.