Huawei Honor 7 Chinese EMUI 3.1

• Replies:2
ALOK DASH
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 24, 2016, 8:48:50 AM via Website

I recently bought Honor 7 from Hong Kong online.

The EMUI version installed is Chinese.

I have changed all settings to English. Keyboard, language etc. So, google play and others are in English.

But, the Huawei installed apps, browser and all other, like the downloadable themes, display Chinese and there is no option to change that to English.

Can anyone help me install or update the EMUI installed to display in English instead of Chinese?

Is it possible?

KarllyDoodle
  • Forum posts: 1

May 31, 2016, 12:56:15 AM via Website

Same thing is happening to me, I have just received my Honor 7 today. Did you figure it out?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

ALOK DASH
  • Forum posts: 2

May 31, 2016, 3:28:30 AM via Website

No, no replies to my answers in other forums. However, if you can buy from vmall UK, they told me, they can set up hivoice, hipay, and others in English.
But, I contacted Huawei Australia once, and one engineer asked me to do a hard reset of the device. Switch off, Power button + volume key until it displays the factory reset screen. And, surprisingly, the browser displayed the search engine selection in English. But, afterwards, it reverted back to Chinese again - how, I am not sure. I tried once more but no luck.
I can't use hivoice, and the pre-installed browser and music player. I resorted to third party softwares instead. And, huawei cloud backup too is not working. I backup to my PC.
And, really didn't have time to get in touch with support again. Need an engineers emailid to upgrade the account in the huawei tech support app - haven't done it yet.
You should install the tech support app and upgrade your account with the help of local huawei support.