Recomendation for download Json on Andorid

• Replies:2
Roberto Munguia
  • Forum posts: 6

Mar 10, 2016, 7:17:20 PM via Website

Good afternoon Colleagues.

I'm developing an Android application (Application for employee labor information), which will be based with a login, that part is already done.

Once the user has logged in, the application connects to the server and download employee information. Currently what I do is get all the data in json format..

I ask for your recommendation on how to obtain the information.

1. Complete information after log on and download the json with complete information from the file server.
  2. Depending on the menu entering, make the request to the server and download the information that the user is entering.

Which of the 2 option is better?

I hope I explained well.
greetings Colleagues

Ashish Tripathi
  • Forum posts: 211

Mar 14, 2016, 7:51:32 AM via Website

As this is employee labor information application that means the data in the server is mapped with unique id i.e. may be emp code etc. So what you can do, As user will login call the server request to fetch the data for that particular id which you are passing the server. Also if application categorize the employee information in category you can fetch only that particular category data from the server. As you are not fetching all the data in one time so application will perform smoothly (As the application depends on network strength).

Roberto Munguia
  • Forum posts: 6

Mar 14, 2016, 4:58:12 PM via Website

Thanks Ashish Tripathi

At the end if I decide to download the information from the employee by the category in which the user is browsing, as you recommend me.

Upon entering menu categories of employee, a request will be made to the server to download the data.

Thanks Again!!