Asus Zenwatch Has flickering unstable display after 6.01 update

• Replies:4
Peter W
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 8, 2016, 4:45:48 AM via Website

Does anyone know of a fix for a flickering unstable screen on a Zenwatch with the latest 6.01 android wear update? Asus tech support was no help. The watch was updated yesterday to my surprise and now the display is no longer steady. It flickers, jumps up and down and changes size rapidly. It's hard to read messages. Asus tech support was no help. This will be my second RMA in months if I can't find the problem. It worked great up until the update and I cannot roll it back according to Asus Support. Any help would be appreciated.

Christopher
  • Forum posts: 22

Apr 25, 2016, 2:17:16 PM via Website

might be its a hardware issue....

Peter W
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 25, 2016, 9:32:14 PM via Website

Thank you Chris. Yes, it was a hardware issue. I returned the watch for a second time (the first issue was a dead mic). Asus sent back a new watch. The new one works great and runs just fine on android 6.01 update. I also purchased a Zenwatch 2 as my wife wanted one. I used it for a while and while the watch worked as advertised, the watch is not very useful for the sound features or the wifi feature. The phone sounds are useless as the phone needs to be at hand to use anyway. One cannot make calls using only the watch. The wifi feature is a battery hog and as I would move around the home and yard the watch is constantly loosing the connection due to interference and switching between bluetooth and wifi. In essence the feature is also useless. Add to that the fact that the watch is now a bluetooth candidate for media sounds you need a third party app to manage the bluetooth connections which is most inconvenient when you just want it to work seamlessly with you car and other bluetooth audio systems. The build quality of the Zenwatch 2 is also nowhere near the quality of the original Zenwatch and looks like a cheap Casio in comparison. I rebuild 100+ year old watches for a living and I can only say none of these new newfangled watches are likely to be still working in 3 years. Those days are long gone.

Christopher

Christopher
  • Forum posts: 22

Apr 26, 2016, 2:49:38 PM via Website

hiiii.. peter..

I am happy for you, You got Replacement of faulty device, its good.
and again You purchased the same Brand thats your brand love.
now before buying any gadgets just do some market Research.
follow this link you will get some Idea.
10 Best Smartwatches For Android Phone

Thanks.

Fingaz
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 13, 2016, 12:03:53 AM via Website

Great to hear you got a replacement. However, I have no problems making or receiving calls with only my watch...as long as it's connected via bluetooth of course.