Samsung Galaxy Note 4 — File Transfer .....

• Replies:12
Jim Andrews
  • Forum posts: 7

Feb 16, 2016, 10:11:37 PM via Website

I've been trying to figure out how to transfer files between my Note 3 and Note 4 using WiFi, but have not been successful, yet .....

I can transfer via Bluetooth, which is quite slow. Took a little over 20 minutes to transfer audio files around 250MB total size.

Please share your experience with transferring files between two Android devices via WiFi. I tried ES File Explorer, but can't get it to work.

Jose P
  • Forum posts: 12

Feb 17, 2016, 1:40:29 AM via Website

I think, for Samsung Galaxy (or other phone) to Samsung Galaxy transfer, you can try Samsung smart switch, which supports audio, video, photo files and data like contacts, messages. Basically, you can say it applies WiFi. I've used smart switch for transferring files from HTC M8 to Samsung Note 5.

Nacho Jordi
  • Forum posts: 79

Feb 17, 2016, 9:29:10 AM via Website

Just an idea, have you tried an FTP server? I had certain success with "FTP server" by a developer called The Olive Tree (sorry I can't paste links yet). It worked between cellphone to computer, but it should work the same way between two Android devices (you'll need to install the app in both). The interface is very easy to configure, it just gives you an ip number, you type it and boom...

Nishit Kumar
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 17, 2016, 8:31:09 PM via Website

The best option is to use Share it, u can download it from Play Store. For samsung devices you can use Wi Fi Direct which you can find in Wi fi settings. Wifi direct works well between samsung devices whereas shareit will work seamlessly with all devices and OSes, even with desktops.

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

May 22, 2016, 8:35:04 PM via Website

Why is this done on the wifi? A simple transfer to computer via a USB cable is the simplest solution.

Rweethy
  • Forum posts: 17

Aug 17, 2016, 8:43:32 AM via Website

Transfer samsung galaxy data .You can use samsung kies ,but it usually did not work .
So you can use one android files manager to replace and transfer samsung phone data to computer .
http://android-file-manager.en.softonic.com/

Tina
  • Forum posts: 11

Aug 17, 2016, 11:34:23 AM via Website

You can try Samsung switch since both phones are Samsung. Also you can try other apps, like Apowersoft Phone Transfer, to help you solve the problem.

Pick me up

Mayank Shah
  • Forum posts: 11

Aug 17, 2016, 12:53:40 PM via Website

thankx

sdyu
  • Forum posts: 7

Mar 1, 2017, 9:49:48 AM via Website

To backup samsung galaxy phone data to computer, you can try an android backup app to help, this kind of apps could transfer everything from your phone to computer.

Olivia331
  • Forum posts: 90

Apr 28, 2019, 5:11:31 AM via Website

If this way fails,there is another option enable you to transfer files between two Android device.You can try phone to phone data transfer tool,it can transfer files via WiFi.

FKenn21
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 28, 2019, 5:13:28 PM via Website

SHAREit is one of the easiest and helpful ways to share files immediately. You may download this using google play in your device. I started using this late last year because I don’t have any music on my device and my friend insisted that I download SHAREit and he will share music files he has on his phone. Before I followed him downloading the file, I researched first to ensure the app would not harm my device and after that, I was able to clearly understand how [SHAREit][1] app works.

wiliamdevlin
  • Forum posts: 3

Dec 31, 2019, 10:14:13 AM via Website

There are many great apps that can replace your Bluetooth, but in my opinion, the shareit app is the best and completely free, so you should look for a reputable address to download, can also Access shareitdoad.net to download

wiliamdevlin
  • Forum posts: 3

Dec 31, 2019, 10:16:58 AM via Website

There are many great apps that can replace your Bluetooth, but in my opinion, the shareit app is the best and completely free, so you should look for a reputable address to download, can also Access shareitdownload.net to download