Video Recorder App with NO TIME LIMIT

• Replies:3
Mike Somberg
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 7, 2016, 2:40:06 AM via Website

Hello Everybody! :)

I am in need of a video recording app that will enable me to record audio & video onto the external SD Card AND has NO TIME LIMIT. As far as quality, I would be satisfied with 720p and have no objection to file-splitting, so long as the recording is complete and only limited in time by the vacant space on the SD Card.

I have downloaded, installed, and ultimately uninstalled numerous third-party apps that boast these features. Despite the various coders' promises to the contrary, all of them have failed miserably. I would be willing to purchase an app, but given the fact that none of the apps I have tried even came close to functional, I am concerned about throwing money away and then likely having to argue to get it back when I must uninstall the failed app.

I am running Android 4.4.4. Please advise as to which apps would meet the above requisite criteria. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Roy Matayoshi
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 5, 2018, 11:45:39 AM via Website

Try an app called "Open Camera."
It is freeware, and more information can be found at opencamera.sourceforge.io.
The app is available from Google Play, and says it is good for Android 4.0.3 and up.
I placed a link for Google Play at the bottom of this reply.

Myself, I used OpenCamera on an Insignia Tablet once. At the end of the 30 minute recording limit, OpenCamera continued to record video by creating a second video recording file.

I hope this helps.

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjNuJ7AmLzbAhWp6YMKHa6OBgIQFggnMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fplay.google.com%2Fstore%2Fapps%2Fdetails%3Fid%3Dnet.sourceforge.opencamera%26hl%3Den_US&usg=AOvVaw3Hc191rh82jdo0coQSc-DS

Chatmoresley
  • Forum posts: 15

Feb 7, 2021, 7:46:35 AM via Website

I am not quite sure which Android recorder would record with no time limit. I use several but they fail to do so just like yours. But I have a screen recorder on desktop called Joyoshare Screen Recorder. I once use it to record gameplay that last for some 10 hours. It works perfectly. Most importantly, it helps me record screen in HD quality with no lag and no watermark. I like it.

HardissonHard
  • Forum posts: 22

Feb 14, 2021, 8:53:33 AM via Website

Yeah, I was looking for a long time for such an app