"On Another Call" Mistake

• Replies:70
  • Answered
Yaser Rahim
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 5, 2016, 4:58:26 AM via Website

I just had a friend call me and they received the notification "user is on another call" (or whatever notification it gives the person) to my friend when in fact I actually wasn't using my phone at all (I was in another room). Has anyone else experienced this before?

Best answer
Fma Secsys

Apr 9, 2016, 4:03:00 AM via Website

Fuck you watsapp, my wife was thinking im talking to anyone else because of this " on another call" when in fact im just doing something!and my phone was away from me.

Helpful?
Mbusugar, Kasun and 2 more MbusugarKasunAshish BaruiAmit M
David G
  • Forum posts: 5

May 16, 2016, 9:05:24 PM via Website

Hey guys, I am having the same issue.
Do you know why it happen?

Helpful?
Kasun, Nayana and 4 more KasunNayanaBillAshish BaruiAngelina SanchezAmit M
Amit M
  • Forum posts: 2

May 17, 2016, 1:11:18 AM via Website

I am facing the same issues at times and seriously this can make your life hell .. :'( Any iPhone users? Is it specific to iPhone?

@ fma secsys - i can understand :(

Helpful?
Angelina Sanchez
David G

May 17, 2016, 1:41:16 AM via Website

I am an IPhone user, I sent a ticket to WhatsApp but I had not gotten any answer. If someone has any link to this issue or gets the answer please let us know!!

Helpful?
Angelina Sanchez
David G

May 17, 2016, 3:21:54 AM via Website

IT is weird, whatssap is very popular but this issue is not documented. I have found only two blogs about it. I originally sent a ticket and they told me that it would be a result of my phone was stolen or if I change my device. I told them that I have had the same device for about 2 years. Then, they asked me to send a ticket once the message appears. I got the message yesterday and sent the ticket, but I had not received the answer yet.

Helpful?
Tiffany Miller, Angelina Sanchez and 1 more Tiffany MillerAngelina SanchezAmit M
Amit M

May 17, 2016, 9:47:42 AM via Website

@ David - thanks for sharing the detailed info (cool)

Helpful?
David G

May 18, 2016, 6:36:32 AM via Website

To all, I am still frustrated. I have not found a link that explain this issue better and I am still had not received the answer from the brand.
Does anyone has a link or information that explain this issue better?

Helpful?
Angelina Sanchez
David G

May 21, 2016, 3:36:28 AM via Website

I got a better answer from support today. They told me that they are aware about the issue. The thechnicians are working on it and they are planning to debugged the system before the next release. Based on their comments, it is an application issue.

Helpful?
Angelina Sanchez
Raju Golay

Sep 15, 2016, 6:20:16 AM via Website

Does whats app say "busy in another call" when you are playing online games or watching videos too? i called a friend and it said "busy in another call" but she insisted that she was playing online games. This kept me thinking.

Helpful?
Rivu MehtaAngelina Sanchez
Syed Haider

Sep 27, 2016, 7:53:13 AM via Website

Had same issue with my gf,she swear to to dead father,that she wasent on call with anyone.

Helpful?
Ashish BaruiAngelina Sanchez
NVN

Oct 25, 2016, 4:05:51 AM via Website

Hey, my gf did the same thing....and we had an argument. So was she telling the truth?

Helpful?
Angelina Sanchez
Angelina Sanchez

Nov 27, 2016, 5:07:06 PM via Website

I was calling my Dad for almost an hour & Whatsapp said "On another call". This started a heated argument with my Mother, but he wasn't on the phone at all. He never talks on the phone for more than 5 minutes!

Helpful?
Sid

Dec 9, 2016, 4:14:41 AM via Website

I am having the same issues. Can some one suggest something. I am using the latest version of whatsapp. I was not facing this problem till i was using Iphone 6s, but recently I switched to Iphone 7 and since then this problem has started.

Helpful?
Ashish Barui

Apr 10, 2017, 11:00:41 AM via Website

We almost broke up :P but now got to know this was just a shit

Helpful?
Quinton Pennerman
Quinton Pennerman

Apr 30, 2017, 10:50:51 AM via Website

My girl is thinking about breaking up with me for this rit now... it's sad!... :'(

Helpful?
AN~

Jun 3, 2017, 1:22:36 PM via Website

*do you still having the same problem (on another call) while actually you are not ???. It sounds weird to my *

Helpful?
Halimatu Sadiyah

Jul 15, 2017, 2:58:25 AM via Website

I got same thing! my bf is on another call but when i asked him he say dont do any call , and he will be able to contact whatsapp to know who's the right here. whatsapp gor error or he lie to me? any someone give us way to prove

Helpful?
CHURR KHUZ

Sep 30, 2017, 1:35:59 AM via Website

I have same issues .. Now my missus going to be my wife soon thinks I'm cheating on her. She won't believe me that I'm telling her the truth

Helpful?
Raman Bhatia

Feb 6, 2018, 7:20:05 AM via Website

My gf use lenovo k8 note .sometime i called her and her phone shows busy on another call while when i called her on her number only not reachable. When i asked her she told that she was working she swears .we have break up also on this issue. So what is the matter.

Helpful?
Rian Satria

Mar 3, 2018, 5:52:48 AM via Website

i just have the same issue like yours, my wife called me and unfortunately i'm falling asleep, so i just left my phone not in OFF condition, but when she called me, her phone showed that i'm on another call, and the dispute are started. Is there any related issues with full memory ?? Can anyone explain about this case ?

Helpful?
Raza Shaikh
  • Forum posts: 27

Mar 3, 2018, 6:09:59 AM via Website

Yea facing the same issue.

Helpful?
Rupesh ahire
Poonam Rajput

Mar 26, 2018, 4:14:18 AM via Website

:?even I m having d same problem

Helpful?
Poonam Rajput

Mar 26, 2018, 4:17:12 AM via Website

I had to face d same situation last night ,my man called me n messenger showed I was on other call but I was not attending any call ,these mistakes can make situations worse

Helpful?
Mobile Storey

Mar 26, 2018, 5:02:19 AM via Website

No, I have not face this problem yet

Helpful?
Chodijah Mir'ah Khumairoh

Apr 16, 2018, 1:06:37 PM via Website

Hey all may this help you. My phone is iphone 7 and this thing have just did when I update my ios. I have just get the same problem. But it kindly done after i force to restart my iphone. Just with press power off button+volume down in 10 second. Hopefully help you guys.

Helpful?
dontbedumb

Jun 4, 2018, 7:12:55 AM via Website

people, use your brain. if your partner thinks you are lying then just get in the same room together and recreate the same situation and show them you are not lying.

Helpful?
prabhu raaj
Manaswinee Hazarika

Jul 27, 2018, 2:55:56 AM via Website

Had the same problem.

Helpful?
Excelhacker

Aug 3, 2018, 3:58:18 AM via Website

Hi from my personal experience, my friends used to tell me it shows " on another call" but actually i wouldn't have been in a call at all. Later i realized there was some malware which can hack into WhatsApp and get information. Use an antivirus app it will take care.

Helpful?
Nabeel Qq

Nov 11, 2018, 7:56:12 PM via Website

Thanks my Allah I have read these comments. We were going to have a breakup because of this shit.

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Nov 13, 2018, 12:32:19 PM via Website

WhatsApp is not completely the problem here. Blame Facebook also!
Awhile ago in a age old business tactic to eliminate their competition Facebook purchased WhatsApp to eliminate their competition! And since then WhatsApp has been having a lot of problems. (To many to count)
Facebook is deliberately making it malfunction so users become frustrated with WhatsApp and will return to using Facebook ! Your calls to WhatsApp customer support are not going to get you any positive results.
As a matter of fact. I recently heard that WhatsApp-facebook is shutting down all of their plus accounts. Blaming it on a third party security breech! Lie!
We are seeing the slow death of WhatsApp, at the hands of Facebook !
R.I.P. WhatsApp
And a heads up, you people should not use profanity on Android Pit. If the editors see it they will delete your post!

— modified on Nov 13, 2018, 12:38:25 PM

Helpful?
Verina Magdy

Nov 18, 2018, 12:33:06 PM via Website

please any one help me
... i see my boyfriends number waiting or on another call , and when i ask hum he says no he was not calling any one .. and we fight each time ... how can that be true that he is not on a call ... one of the time he was waiting for around 2 hours it was a time of a football match and he swears he was not on a phone call !! any one help me .. should i believe him is that possible !

Helpful?
Verina Magdy

Nov 18, 2018, 12:37:57 PM via Website

is that also for normal phone calls !! my boyfriends phone give me call is waiting but he says he was not talking on his phone .. please if you know where is the truth tell me ...we may breake up because i keep fight every time i find him waiting or on another call

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Nov 18, 2018, 1:26:05 PM via Website

Verina Magdy
You should read the other post hear more carefully especially my previous post.
Don't break up with your boyfriend because of this! He just might be telling you the truth!

Helpful?
Asad Ali

Apr 6, 2019, 2:38:08 AM via Website

Hey,

i also face this problem my girl whats app is showing another call. When i asked her she replied immediately that she was not. whether i should rely her or leave her. Because we guys are getting married in 6 months.

Helpful?
Sunlancer

May 2, 2019, 6:57:10 AM via Website

Hey,

I'm having the same issues with my girlfriend. It's probably an application issue.

Helpful?
Bansari TRIVEDI

May 8, 2019, 8:28:38 PM via Website

I was not on call but my WhatsApp shows that I was on another call.

Helpful?
Dewi Nindita

May 11, 2019, 7:59:03 PM via Website

I had same problem. My bf called me, but he told me that im on another call. But IN FACT i didn't calling anyone. I just falling asleep, and my phone was online too. Why this happened?

— modified on May 11, 2019, 8:16:00 PM

Helpful?
sanjay uparade

May 18, 2019, 2:15:02 PM via Website

I am facing same issue.

Helpful?
Sabeen khan

May 30, 2019, 10:23:02 PM via Website

My bf just broke up with me just because of this stupid in an other call notification 😭💔

Helpful?
prabhu raaj

Jun 2, 2019, 5:50:40 AM via Website

Even i am facing the same problem don't wry its an application error only

Helpful?
Sam

Jul 19, 2019, 1:42:00 PM via Website

Fuck you watsapp, my wife was thinking im talking to anyone else because of this " on another call" when in fact im just doing something!and my phone was away from me.
Anyone help me about what was the issue actually. What reasons are there that WhatsApp shows me on another call, although I am neither using the application nor the phone as such. I don't know enough about WhatsApp to explain this to my wife think wrong because I'm showing on another call..
help me

Helpful?
Roy

Jul 28, 2019, 6:59:07 AM via Website

I had a same issue, my gf was trying to call me for an hour and it was keep showing ”on another call, although I wasn't with any call. We had an the argument over this, it's hard to believe for anyone but trying my best to do so. How can such popular App have this kind of issue really disappointed with WhatsApp

Helpful?
Paranoia
  • Forum posts: 4

Sep 4, 2019, 12:33:23 AM via Website

So regarding your comment in 2016 and its now 2019. Does it really matter if your partner is talkong to another person without your knowledge?
Are you so insecure that you feel she may be cheating on you around every corner.
Even if she was cheating on you. That tells you that your relationship ks broken and its time to move on.
Regarding whatsapp on call notifaction when trying to contact someone
It is still happaning in 2019, which begs the question. What is whatsapp playing at.
Some sort of back door?

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Sep 4, 2019, 6:07:29 AM via Website

Just stay away from Iphone and whatsapp (and facebook while you are at it) and your life will improve

Helpful?
Marri

Sep 9, 2019, 10:28:01 AM via Website

Same issue.. When i was calling my husband.. While he was playing online game

Helpful?
Tiffany Miller
  • Forum posts: 100

Sep 9, 2019, 12:48:49 PM via Website

yes, I am having a similar issue

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Sep 23, 2019, 1:59:20 PM via Website

Dear whatsaap,
I am facing the same issue. My app shows on another call while I am not. Kindly tell me the solution. Help required!

Helpful?
Rupesh ahire
Lucky

Oct 15, 2019, 9:15:36 AM via Website

I had the same issue, I called my GF, whatsapp said the user is on another call, I messaged her, she called me back just right away, I asked her if she was on another call, she said No. I was so much confused, we are getting marrying, thanks I have found this forum, so other people are having these bug issues too. I am very much relieved now. Whatsapp should fix this issue asap.
Members keep updating about this issue.

— modified on Oct 15, 2019, 9:17:13 AM

Helpful?
Juuhi Malhottra
Deep

Nov 26, 2019, 8:18:18 AM via Website

Hii i also face same problem my husband call me then its shows on another call even i dont use my phone and phone is away from me.i dont what is problm with whtsap they need to be sort out this soon

Helpful?
Davina Astrid