LG G2 — Music Files Counted Twice in Storage

• Replies:0
Jake Clark
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 23, 2016, 7:06:25 AM via Website

Hey everyone,

I'm using an international, non-carrier-specific LG G2 that's currently running on the latest LG software update (Android 5.0.2).

Everything on the phone works fine, but I've noticed that my music files appear to be counted twice in the phone's storage - once as "Audio", and once as "Misc.". I'm not short on storage, so it isn't a huge deal, but it does irk my OCD tendencies. When I navigate to the "Misc." section, I'm given the option to delete the "music" files within the "Misc." section, and I'm tempted to do it to see what happens, but I'd hate to lose all the factory ringtones, since I'd have no idea how to recover them.

The music files on my phone were all manually moved over from my laptop into the "music" folder on my phone's storage, just by using the file manager on my laptop operating system (Ubuntu). I searched for duplicates on my phone, but I haven't found them, if they exist.

I've attached screenshots so that you can see for yourself. You'll notice that the "music" listed under "Misc." is exactly the same size as my "Audio" section - 6.81GB.

— modified on Jan 23, 2016, 7:31:28 AM