Controlling camera shutter in android

• Replies:4
aatef
  • Forum posts: 3

Dec 30, 2015, 10:07:28 AM via Website

I want to close the camera shutter and then take a blind image. Is it possible in android?

In general the shutter opens, the sensor is exposed, shutter closes and then we get the image. I want to change this sequence. I want the shutter to remain close permanently and still I should be able to get images. Is it possible in android?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 263

Jan 1, 2016, 5:35:40 PM via Website

If you would specify the model of your device, would be great for us to guide you better.

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page LEO Privacy Guard

aatef

Jan 1, 2016, 7:04:24 PM via Website

I want to know on which devices we can get the camera sensor image with the shutter closed?? and first of all, can we do it or not?

EdwardSmith36
  • Forum posts: 85

Jan 4, 2016, 8:42:09 AM via Website

Are you asking for a secret camera? if your answer is yes, the there are many applications out there. Hidden camera like, i personally use an app called Simple Notepad.

aatef

Jan 4, 2016, 8:48:54 AM via Website

I am not asking for a secret camera. I want to analyze the effect of temperature on camera sensor. For that I want to capture images without light exposure. Right now I am covering my camera lense with a tape and then taking images. I want to make it more sophisticated i.e. the camera shutter should remain close, blocking light falling on image sensor and then i should get an image from the sensor. In this way the captured image will be a dark image corresponding only to the thermal noise in image. The need for covering camera lense will be eliminated.
1) Is it possible to make camera shutter remain closed while taking picture?
2) If yes, How? If no, why?