How to promote on Google Play

• Replies:8
Volodymyr Machekhin
  • Forum posts: 11

Dec 2, 2015, 6:46:58 PM via Website

Hi everyone!

I have an app Wallpapergram , I can't include link, please type Wallpapergram in Google Play search and you will see HD Wallpapers app.

I am doing loads of things to promote it and increse downloads, but probably you will tell me about new ways.
I am trying free promotion so far.

If you have any ideas, please share, thanks!

Tricks Passion | Latest Tips & Tricks
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 2, 2015, 7:56:51 PM via Website

Great Sharing!

meshutobean
  • Forum posts: 19

Dec 2, 2015, 10:57:49 PM via Website

great sharing

Dario Jankovic
  • Forum posts: 15

May 4, 2016, 3:58:36 AM via Website

if you find some good ways of sharing let us know here...

Firsin Michael
  • Forum posts: 7

Apr 26, 2017, 5:09:50 PM via Website

Perfectly written! Usefull

Pantsoffski
  • Forum posts: 12

Jun 20, 2017, 11:59:27 AM via Website

It's really odd that Google Play search engine is such useless. If you create useful app you have to pay for promotion, making something good isn't enough on Google Play. There should be some startup bonus for search engine or something like that. So many apps have 0 downloads...

HGSoft
  • Forum posts: 14

Aug 4, 2017, 12:09:23 AM via Website

@Pantsoffski
You can always ask friends and family to download. It's always a dozen or so downloads. It's more than 0 :)

— modified on Aug 4, 2017, 12:09:44 AM

Rachael Alice
  • Forum posts: 164

Aug 8, 2017, 7:29:54 AM via Website

Here i want share some ways for promoting any app

++ Send out a well-written press release to the media announcing your new app and its special features no one can do without.

++ Use your Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn profiles to promote the app several times in a week.

++ Create a product video

++ Pitch to app review websites

++ Identify bloggers who write on niches that relate to your app.

++ Apply for awards, If you win, you also get a ton of press.

++ Gather potential customer emails through Facebook, Twitter or your website. An email list of people who have opted in is a powerful marketing tool.

++ Promote your blog posts or content having to do with your app's niche on Dubbler -- a 60-second audio social network.

++ you can encourage people to tweet and share content on their social networks promoting your app. A random person every week can win a promo code to download your app for free if it is a paid one.

++ Be obsessive about resolving negative reviews.

++ Look for pages with 100k+ likes and reach out to their admins. Make sure these pages have something to do with the focus of your app. Then give them a compelling reason to mention it.

++ Provide a catchy one-liner about your app along with the link to download it in your email signature.

++ This will make it obvious to users to share with others. Path app allows users to share photographs on social networks and Draw Something makes sure you rope in a friend or more.

++ If you have a mobile website that gets a decent amount of traffic, it’s time to use that to your app’s advantage.

++ Feature the App in an Official Blog

++ Consider Alterative App Stores

++ Join Developers & Entrepreneurs Groups on Social Media

++ Make a paid app free for a short period (We ran a free promo with Wake Alarm last week: Wake was featured on Apps Gone Free and ended up climbing to #1 in the Utilities category and made it to the Top 20 Free overall chart. By the end of the two-day promo, Wake had close to 300k new users.)

++ Promote your app on your mobile website

++ Feature your mobile app on your website.

++ Get your app into the appropriate iOS and Android app stores.

++ Include a link to your mobile app in your customer service emails.

++ Discuss your mobile app in the appropriate forums.

++ Incorporate a link to your mobile app in your social media profile.

++ Promote your mobile app on social media.

++ Create a blog post explaining the utility of your app.

++ Post QR codes in your store, on your product and other offline media.