Can I still receive messages if I uninstall my whatsapp?

• Replies:12
Leon Koh
  • Forum posts: 4

Nov 11, 2015, 12:23:26 PM via Website

I'm currently using an Android, Samsung Galaxy S6 and I uninstalled my WhatsApp on my phone 4 weeks ago due to a NDA I signed with a high-profile client so I have to cut down on all my social messaging apps on my phone. I didn't delete my WhatsApp but merely uninstalled it. I can only install back my WhatsApp when the project with my client is complete which may take up to 6 months to a year, depending on the project's duration. During this entire period, any messages which my contacts send to me - Will I still be able to receive them when I install back my WhatsApp? Please advise. Thank you.

Developers INC
  • Forum posts: 8

Nov 13, 2015, 7:19:27 AM via Website

No giustamente che loro te li inviano su Whatsapp ma non ce l'hai e alla fine non puoi farlo. Puoi comunque usare Whatsapp Web che non è scomodo dal tuo PC senza sprecare spazio sul tuo cellulare

Leon Koh

Nov 13, 2015, 9:18:47 AM via Website

Developers INC

No giustamente che loro te li inviano su Whatsapp ma non ce l'hai e alla fine non puoi farlo. Puoi comunque usare Whatsapp Web che non è scomodo dal tuo PC senza sprecare spazio sul tuo cellulare

I'm sorry I don't understand what you're saying. Can you speak in English? Or can someone at least translate this for me in English?

Viscus
  • Forum posts: 12

Nov 13, 2015, 2:19:30 PM via Website

Yes you will

Leon Koh

Nov 16, 2015, 6:42:30 AM via Website

Viscus

Yes you will

So you mean I will still receive the messages when I install back my whatsapp? Even if it's after a year or two?

Kayima Marvin
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 16, 2015, 11:14:10 AM via Website

hello koh,

yes it is possible...and better still, as long as you dont delete the whatsapp folder from your device memory you will have all your messages restored when you reinstall whatsapp on your phone after the 6 months or one year

hope this helps(:

thanx marvin

Leon Koh

Nov 16, 2015, 12:03:54 PM via Website

Kayima Marvin

hello koh,

yes it is possible...and better still, as long as you dont delete the whatsapp folder from your device memory you will have all your messages restored when you reinstall whatsapp on your phone after the 6 months or one year

hope this helps(:

thanx marvin

Hi Marvin, thanks for your reply. I never delete my whatsapp or any folder from my phone memory, I merely uninstalled the app from my phone. Seems like the response to this is very mixed. There are some saying I won't receive the messages which were sent to me during the uninstalled period but there are some who said I would still receive the messages. Have you actually done a test on this? Thanks.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Nov 16, 2015, 1:47:59 PM via Website

Leon Koh

Kayima Marvin

hello koh,

hope this helps(:

thanx marvin

Hi Marvin, thanks for your reply. I never delete my whatsapp or any folder from my phone memory, I merely uninstalled the app from my phone. Seems like the response to this is very mixed. There are some saying I won't receive the messages which were sent to me during the uninstalled period but there are some who said I would still receive the messages. Have you actually done a test on this? Thanks.

Yes it will work, i have done it before but make sure to install the same version after uninstalling

Ready To Help You.

FormationApps
  • Forum posts: 6

Nov 17, 2015, 11:32:08 AM via Website

No. if you uninstall the whtsapp application not received any type of message.

Kayima Marvin
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 17, 2015, 6:17:23 PM via Website

hello koh

am glad that you read my advice....i assure you i have done this like 10 times and in my case i always change devices and the only thing that i keep is a copy of my whatsapp folder that i always copy to my laptop. and when i install whatsapp on my new phone i just copy that folder to that phone and whatsapp will ask for a restore

Marvin

Rafey Iqbal Rahman
  • Forum posts: 20

Nov 21, 2015, 3:07:29 PM via App

Not on your phone but on the web.

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Dec 2, 2015, 5:17:47 AM via Website

Yes, you will receive messages on WhatsApp, as you have just deleted the app, but you account is still on Whatsaap. So when you login to Wahstapp account you will receive the messages.

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

sweetsosparkle
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 1, 2019, 3:14:49 PM via Website

True
I tried to contact someone after they unisntalled WhatsApp. They didnt use it for 6 months and yesterday I saw that their last seen was yesterday so the old messages I have sent weren’t delivered to his phone.