Motorola Moto G — phone is stuck on the white screen with the blue M

• Replies:4
mobster account
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 11, 2015, 4:43:24 AM via Website

I was viewing some of my photos and the photo gallery stopped working, it exited me to my main screen. I re entered the gallery and none of the photos showed, they were all black. So, I turned off my phone, to reboot it and it will not go past the boot screen with the world and the M.
It will not turn off. I held the power button down and held the volume down, it will sometimes vibrate one short time, but nothing. The battery has now gone dead so the phone is off. When I plug it in to charge the battery, it goes to the same screen.

I bought the phone new, I have never tried to root it, or do anything to the OS. I have a few games installed, they have been installed for several months.

Can somebody please help me.
The phone is a first generation moto g.

Abhinav
  • Forum posts: 76

Nov 18, 2015, 1:30:31 PM via App

it looks like your software get corrupted . I recommend to
go and ask in service center asap

mobster account
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 19, 2015, 2:33:14 AM via Website

Thanks for the responses. I took the phone to the tech and left it there, they could not pull any of my info off of it. It is still under warranty, so I am sending it back to Motorola. They said they would replace it. I have already gotten another phone to use in the mean time.

Abhinav
  • Forum posts: 76

Nov 19, 2015, 6:54:43 AM via App

good
and never send your mobile to any local tech untill its in warranty
service center is best option

you can fix it in your home by yourself also
but your warranty will be void

Christie Rodriguez
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 7, 2016, 1:37:39 PM via Website

I think there is any one of the below two problems which have occurred on your phone.
1. Its a bug due to lollipop update, or
2. You may reduce brightness to low.
If the problem has occurred due to first reason, all you have to do is factory reset your phone. If you don't know how to do factory reset.

Steps for factory reset on Moto G:
1. Touch the Menu icon
2. Select Settings
3. Select Backup & reset
4. Select Factory Data Reset
5. and then go for Reset Phone
It's as easy as that