Samsung Galaxy S — Transfer complete Whatsapp data from Samsung S3 Andriod Version V 4.3 to Samsung S2 Version 4.1.2

• Replies:6
Erhard Beckemeier
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 17, 2015, 8:47:17 PM via Website

Hello!
I tried to transfer a complete Whatsdapp data including pictures from a Samsung S3 (Android version 4.3) to a Samsung S2 Version 4.1.2.

Everything apart the pictures works fine.

There is no SD-Card on both phoesn and I’ve copied the folders with the images and videos correctly to the new destination.
The images are there with right name and date. Newly posted picture are displayed properly.

I always get ‘sorry this media file doesn't exist on your sd card’.

Any hints

Thanks and best regards

Erhard :(

Wesley W.
  • Forum posts: 14

Mar 2, 2017, 8:24:59 AM via Website

Actually, WhatsApp allows backup & restore feature on phones. You can simply transfer WhatsApp chats from Samsung to Samsung via doing so or via a transfer software. You can click the link to learn more.

xiamia
  • Forum posts: 98

Mar 3, 2017, 6:43:35 AM via Website

To transfer a complete Whatsdapp data including pictures from a Samsung S3 (Android version 4.3) to a Samsung S2 Version 4.1.2., maybe you can try the mobile phone transfer software. It can help us directly transfer data between mobile phones on computer.

— modified on Mar 6, 2017, 4:10:39 AM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 19

Apr 13, 2017, 12:35:36 PM via Website

have you tried to copy the the whole folder phone > whatsapp > databases from your old phone to the new phone? The folder include all the chat history.
If you want to do it conveniently, I recommend the tool Forecovery Phone Transfer, which you can transfer whatsapp messages from iphone to iphone by one click.

Mancentry
  • Forum posts: 11

Apr 13, 2017, 1:46:51 PM via Website

The key is without any data loss

Alisawangly
  • Forum posts: 83

Apr 2, 2019, 9:31:00 AM via Website

If you want transfer whatsapp videos/photos/chat history between two Samsung phone, you need one tool designed for social app, all data in whatsapp can be transferred from one Samsung to another Samsung within several clicks. But don't forget to allow USB debugging in your Samsung. You can migrate whatsapp data from one Samsung to another Samsung directly, and you can also backup whatsapp data in Samsung s3 and then restore whatsapp data from backup to your destination Samsung.

— modified on Apr 2, 2019, 9:32:18 AM

felixjoy
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 2, 2019, 2:06:53 PM via Website

Actually there is database recovery for whatsapp you can go threw the settings in your mobile..It is a easy process once you go to the settings ....