Which One is best ORM GreenDao vs ORMLite ?

• Replies:1
Ranjeet Kumar
  • Forum posts: 15

Aug 17, 2015, 2:11:24 PM via Website

I am working on an android application and while working I wanted to know which ORM is better in terms of performance and ease of use between ORMLite and GreenDao. In some benchmarks I have read about ORMLite and GreenDao on few android developer forum, and found that ORMLite is faster in comparison to GreenDao.But I also like GreenDao due to it’s automatic code generation works, also it does not use any annotations or reflection which I think would make it faster in performance. So, I want know which one of them is best according to you,Please give me your opinion about this.

Damodar Periwal
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 27, 2015, 10:50:50 PM via Website

If you are open to considering other ORM products, please check out JDXA, a simple, non-intrusive, flexible, and very easy-to-use ORM for Android. JDXA easily supports inheritance, one-to-one, one-to-many, and many-to-many relationships and offers a POJO (Plain Old Java Objects) friendly non-intrusive programming model, which does not require you to change your Java classes in any way:

• No need to subclass your domain classes from any base class
  • No need to clutter your source code with annotations
  • No need for DAO classes
  • No source code generation
  • No pre-processing or post-processing of your code

Please visit www.softwaretree.com for more information including a free trial download of JDXA.