Transferring whatsapp message history from Blackberry 10

• Replies:4
dean raz
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 10, 2015, 8:17:55 PM via Website

Hi all,

I have been trying to transfer my whatsapp chat history from my old Blackberry Z10 to my new Samsung S4 and I have faced an issue.

When I copy and paste the backup file from blackberry into the database folder of Z10 and then uninstall and re-install Whatsapp, it does find a backup file but when it tries to restore it, it gives me this error:

"Sorry, we were unable to restore any of your message history backups"

Anyone knows how to fix this? both file are crypt8

Thanks

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Dec 6, 2015, 12:38:39 PM via Website

Chat might be corrupted so you can try using Dr. Fone for Android Software. To restore your old chat.

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

choppia
  • Forum posts: 6

Jun 17, 2017, 8:55:05 AM via Website

Another approach to transfer the backup files for your chat history manually is as follows:
Back up your chats on your old phone. Go to WhatsApp > Application Menu > Settings > Media settings > Backup conversations.
To transfer your backup file from your old phone onto a media card or any other storage available (Cloud Storage for example), you will need to use the File Manager on your phone. Copy the backup folder on the path misc/whatsapp/backup folder from your old phone to the storage media.
Transfer the backup file from the storage media onto the new device.
Once you have safely transferred your backup, you can install WhatsApp on your new BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Click Restore when prompted to restore your message history. Once restored, your old chats will reappear on your new smartphone.
For more details check Blackberry Q10 Manual- guideusermanual.com/product-name-q10-manual&po=506204&lang=English

Mark Deutsch
  • Forum posts: 27

May 11, 2019, 9:22:07 AM via Website

To exchange your reinforcement record from your old telephone onto a media card or some other stockpiling accessible (Cloud Storage for instance), you should utilize the File Manager on your telephone. Duplicate the reinforcement envelope on the way misc [whatsapps][1] reinforcement organizer from your old telephone to the capacity media.

Steven
  • Forum posts: 118

Nov 11, 2019, 8:51:21 AM via Website

Step 1. In case of losing data, you'd better backup the messages manually. Just open WhatsApp on the old Android phone and click on Menu> Settings> Chats> Chat backup> Back Up to backup the WhatsApp chat histories.
Step 2. Now just uninstall the WhatsApp from your old phone and download it on your new phone.
Step 3. To install WhatsApp on your new phone, you need to figure out what kind of SD card you have by checking the old phone's specifications.
Step 4. After the installation, you can launch the application on the new Android and verify the same phone number that you have used to backup the chats.