Samsung Galaxy S3 — Factory reset and phone won't turn on??

• Replies:5
  • Answered
VXN
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 5, 2015, 6:47:06 AM via Website

I have the samsung galaxy s3, I just backed up all my photos and tried factory resetting after i found out i wasn't sending/receiving any texts. I tried turning on my phone again and it wouldn't work. I can't even get to the samsung/tmobile screen and my phone doesn't show the red led charge light. I tried download and recovery mode when trying to boot my phone up. It's not rooted - i didn't tamper with it in any way. is it just dead?

nitin tripathi
  • Forum posts: 12

Aug 5, 2015, 9:54:12 AM via Website

First of all please check your battery or boost it.

Kevin ChouAlias Marne

Alias Marne
  • Forum posts: 98

Aug 5, 2015, 12:37:19 PM via Website

@ nitin tripathi you're right. In this way this might work.

Nisar Brahmiam
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 5, 2015, 5:49:51 PM via Website

I have problems with the Sygic GPS apps. When I get the option to close it, a smal box appears asking if I am sure that I want to close the program. I click on yes and it takes a certain time to respond and then the whole phone crashes and restart itself.

Although this happens only with Cygic, support told me that it my Galaxy S3 that needs a "reset".

If I understand correctly from a few posts here, one can loose all his apps, data, photos etc in doing this.

Can someone correct me on this on the correct way to go about a reset and if a single apps can do this on a phone

Raj arya
  • Forum posts: 85

Aug 6, 2015, 11:46:28 AM via Website

Nisar Brahmiam

I have problems with the Sygic GPS apps. When I get the option to close it, a smal box appears asking if I am sure that I want to close the program. I click on yes and it takes a certain time to respond and then the whole phone crashes and restart itself.

Although this happens only with Cygic, support told me that it my Galaxy S3 that needs a "reset".

If I understand correctly from a few posts here, one can loose all his apps, data, photos etc in doing this.

Can someone correct me on this on the correct way to go about a reset and if a single apps can do this on a phone

It seem the actual bug is in app because this is only one which crash the phone, just leave the app i suggest or find its alternative !(whew)

Nisar Brahmiam

Nisar Brahmiam
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 6, 2015, 7:04:01 PM via Website

This is what I thought also, but the support at Cygic told me that it Couln't be the App. And they stopped at that!

If any of you consider getting this Cygic app, be carefull because other users had their phone crash with it and the support isn't very cooperative.

What I don't understand is that this was the best GPS around, and they started to make some changes and created all sort of problems.

I sure will wait before making any "reset"!!!