Samsung Galaxy S3 — Galaxy s3 rear facing camera

• Replies:3
Nick Hirst
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 3, 2015, 11:36:42 AM via Website

I am looking for a way to extend the rear facing camera on a galaxy s3 for use as a security device.
I have found an Extended Testing Flex Cable for this (tvc-mall.com/details/Extended-Testing-Tester-Flex-Cable-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-I9300-Back-Rear-Camera-SAMF-I9300-13/) which I have tried to use, but get an error "unknown error Errorcallback" when I try to load the camera.

Does anyone know what typically causes this error, and if there is a way to counter it?

As it all works fine when I connect the camera without the cable, I am assuming it is a hardware fault in the cable but have no way to test this.

Antonio Akatarmo
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 17, 2015, 8:48:19 PM via Website

Hi, Nick. I had the same idea as you. I want to use an S3 as dashcam. I bought the same cable that you (well, I bought 10 cables) and I get the same error: "Camera error" or "Unknown error" depends on how I connect the cables. But I never got it to work either. I also bought the cable in the same place. I send email to the support, but they do not believe what I say, they do not believe that the cables are not working. They returned my money and end of history.

But I still need an extension cable for the camera and test my idea. Anyone can help with this problem? If someone wants to try, I can mail a cable.

Thanks.

Note: My S3 is a European version.

— modified on Sep 17, 2015, 9:08:28 PM

Antonio Akatarmo

Sep 25, 2015, 6:54:39 AM via Website

Anyone?

Antonio Akatarmo

Jan 12, 2016, 8:56:42 PM via Website

Up, thanks.