RE: How to recover lost photos from SD Card ?

• Replies:13
alice phoebe
  • Forum posts: 22

Jun 19, 2015, 4:36:02 AM via Website

Don't do anything to your memory card once you realise photos have been deleted. This means, don't take any more photos on the card and remove it from the camera immediately. If the files has been deleted, there's still a chance that the data is still there, but has just been set to be overwritten by new data. By not accessing the SD card, you increase the chances that the data will not be overwritten.

Select a recovery suite able to recover all deleted photos as well as video files that had been recorded to the card.

• Post edited to comply with forum rules, as in 'Posts created as advertising or that contain advertising are not permitted'

— modified on Jul 13, 2015, 12:20:50 PM by moderator

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 267

Jun 19, 2015, 4:52:20 AM via Website

Though I know about this software how to recover. Thanks!

lewis
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 24, 2015, 10:24:12 AM via Website

Thanks for sharing this nice chunk of information. Photo deletion/loss is a common scenario that can happen with from general users to even professional photographers. Losing your precious shots is not bearable at all. Here we have great free tool Recuva that can efficiently recover back the lost photos, audios, videos or other multimedia files from the camera SD card. First try out the Recuva tool for performing photo recovery.

Alternatively, you can also use Free Android Recovery Tool from Stellar that helps you retrieve files from internal memory as well as the external memory card.

— modified on Jun 24, 2015, 10:27:50 AM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 267

Jun 24, 2015, 4:17:02 PM via Website

Absolutely superb! I'll keep this in mind.

Lar fious
  • Forum posts: 14

Jun 28, 2015, 12:27:29 PM via Website

There are many free app can restore data from SD card, search on Google!

Blair Chen
  • Forum posts: 38

Aug 11, 2015, 8:27:06 AM via Website

As long as your data hasn't been overwritten, there is a great chance that you can find it back.  I used photo recovery from Jihosoft , got all my photos back.You can google it. Just have a try. Good luck.

Christy Paul
  • Forum posts: 29

Apr 24, 2017, 1:45:19 PM via Website

luccahook

If you can put your sd card out of the phone and insert it into a card reader, you can connect the card reader to computer. Then, use some tools from google to scan out the lost media file on the card. I think it can scan out quickly since there are only photos, videos, and audios there.
Thus, to recover lost photos from Android SD card is done.

Generally speaking, all Android phones uses a removable Micro SD card where pictures are saved to. The SD card is typically in the same location where the battery is and you must remove the battery 1st in order to remove the SD card. Consult your manual for more clarification if necessary.

With the micro SD card in hand you can transfer the pictures to a computer/laptop with the following two methods:

1. If your PC has a SD card reader, then you need to use a micro SD to SD card adapter. Simply insert the micro SD card into the adapter, then insert the adapter card into the computer's SD slot.
  2. With the assistance of a friend's Android phone, simply turn off his/her phone. Then replace his/her micro SD card with yours. Turn on the Android phone and connect it to the computer. Choose the option to use the Android phone as a "disk drive" or "storage device" so that you can access the SD card as an external hard drive.

The pictures should be in the "dcim" directory. There may be two folders called "100MEDIA" and "Camera". In any case, all your pictures should be in the "dcim" directory. Simply select all and copy them to your computer.

CCarol
  • Forum posts: 18

Nov 2, 2018, 12:50:54 PM via Website

It's impossible to recover any data from SD Card if you don't have any backup.
Never trust those so-called recovery tools. I have bought one and that's totally useless.

neil_89

neil_89
  • Forum posts: 5

Nov 3, 2018, 9:56:34 AM via Website

yes i can understand some software can create issues. But that worked for me once. Its just a probability. Recovery of deleted files after formatting is not that easy. It can be 10:90 ratio.

Steven
  • Forum posts: 118

Jan 17, 2020, 4:32:08 AM via Website

Professional Android Data Recovery has the function to recover data from SD card,such as MobiKin Doctor for Android.It can help you recover photos from SD card directly.image

Zariel
  • Forum posts: 10

Jun 3, 2020, 4:27:40 PM via Website

The best thing - next time to do backups!

martin smith
  • Forum posts: 277

Jun 3, 2020, 5:39:41 PM via Website

Great share Thanks for sharing Informative post.

Alex Waston
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 29, 2020, 12:56:01 PM via Website

If you have realized that you have lost memory card data due to some reason then there are several ways with the help of which you will be able to recover deleted files from memory card in no time. You can try attrib command that will help you recover hidden media files from storage device that has been hidden due to some reason. Also, you can try to restore from Backup and restore option and also restore from Recycle Bin folder.

Stewart
  • Forum posts: 11

Aug 13, 2020, 8:11:57 AM via Website

Don't think you will get all your lost files back through these tools. And you may leak your files at the same time.