Creating folders

• Replies:5
Sandy Hillwash
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 14, 2015, 10:16:28 AM via Website

Hi, I have my first Android phone. Having had Windows and iOS and being dissatisfied with them, I thought it was time to try Android. I am trying to create folders on my home screen to keep 'like' apps together and have had no luck. It must be something really simple and I will look foolish but in my favour, it doesn't appear in the manual. Thanks in advance as I am sure everyone else knows how to do it. (angel)

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 267

Jun 14, 2015, 11:43:20 AM via Website

Hey enjoy your first Android phone.

Sandy Hillwash

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jun 14, 2015, 7:30:01 PM via App

In the app drawer press and hold an app, then place it on the homescreen. Select another app the same way and place it on top of the first one. That should create a folder. You can't create an empty folder though there are several folder organising apps in the play store.

Sinkster

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 267

Jun 15, 2015, 4:01:13 AM via Website

sinkster

In the app drawer press and hold an app, then place it on the homescreen. Select another app the same way and place it on top of the first one. That should create a folder. You can't create an empty folder though there are several folder organising apps in the play store.

Okey thanks! How can I rename it?

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jun 15, 2015, 7:13:48 PM via Website

Just tap the existing title (normally says 'unnamed') and it'll let you rename it.

Sinkster

Sandy Hillwash
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 17, 2015, 8:29:38 AM via Website

sinkster

I have tried that many ways but the apps keep jumping apart, is there any other way or is it not possible maybe with the Alpha? (thinking)