Google Nexus 5 — Battery again

• Replies:7
bbob
  • Forum posts: 5

Apr 18, 2015, 9:00:47 PM via Website

my nexus 5 has been running great but 2days ago,it started running warm. Next up it now takes forever to charge and a charge lasts about 5 hours. My settings are as they were before this problem including location and Bluetooth off. I've cleaned the cache and rebooted but not a hard reboot as I'm hoping to avoid that. Any suggestions as to how to,fix this and what caused it. If none I'll delete any apps that were updated since Thursday and see what happens.

Thanks,,bob

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 267

Apr 19, 2015, 4:38:03 AM via Website

This problem happen for the 1st time right? So, charge your phone again and let see how last long it is?

bbob

Apr 19, 2015, 11:11:06 AM via Website

Overnight it was under 30% after 6 hours.

Deactivated Account

Apr 19, 2015, 4:41:46 PM via Website

bbob

Overnight it was under 30% after 6 hours.

Then your battery might have problem.

bbob

Apr 19, 2015, 5:40:23 PM via Website

Just did a hard reset and only installed the apps I really needed for now. I'll let you know how that goes but it is charging very slowly

bbob

Apr 21, 2015, 2:49:52 AM via Website

I am amazed, my battery life has improved considerably. Slowly adding back my apps in case one of them was the problem.

Deactivated Account

Apr 21, 2015, 5:35:14 PM via Website

bbob

I am amazed, my battery life has improved considerably. Slowly adding back my apps in case one of them was the problem.

Nice to hear that your problem solved.

bbob

Apr 21, 2015, 11:39:15 PM via Website

My joy was short lived. It's back to running hot and losing 20% per hour of battery charge. I'm not a heavy phone user and didn't want to buy a new phone till the end of the year. Very frustrating as I'm sure many on this board know. Thanks for your help and concern