Samsung Galaxy S4 — Lollipop update

• Replies:6
terry Clear
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 4, 2015, 7:42:03 PM via Website

My phone updated to the new Lollipop OS this morning and now I can't read SMS messages!
I can see the message heading, but when I tap to read the message nothing happens.
Can anyone help please?

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Apr 4, 2015, 8:06:40 PM via App

In settings, go to sounds/notifications, at the bottom click 'show on lockscreen' 😉

Sinkster

terry Clear

Apr 4, 2015, 8:13:17 PM via Website

thanks but doesn't make any difference

Sculptedstylus
  • Forum posts: 5

Apr 5, 2015, 2:42:34 PM via Website

At least the update installed for you! I tried four times yesterday (the 4th), and each was unsuccessful. I finally chatted with Verizon support, and although they promised a new update for me, it never came. I will try again today, and contact them again, if necessary. :(

terry Clear

Apr 5, 2015, 5:31:09 PM via Website

Neil - I wish I could roll back to the old OS - the new one has caused nothing but problems - my phone made 2 calls without me even touching it and I can't read SMS messages - I wish I'd said no to the update now !

Josy George
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 8, 2015, 11:16:13 AM via Website

If you want to experience the real lollipop experience on s4 then go for prism barebone custom rom am using now it is not having a single bug and everything works very fine ....
It's my experience. .you cam ask me anything

stom70044
  • Forum posts: 27

Apr 9, 2015, 9:31:31 AM via Website

Try to clear data of Message app then try, But if it's not working so i would suggest try to use Google Messenger app.
It's same as inbuilt message app.