Facebook hang up since update April 1

• Replies:7
Colin Williams
  • Forum posts: 5

Apr 3, 2015, 10:53:58 PM via Website

When launched, FB goes NOT to my Home Page, but to the 'What's On Your Mind' page, from which there is no escape. From the Facebook website forum I gather that many other users have had problems with this and similar apps since updating, but there is, apparently, no answer. Is it possible to revert to the previous version - or what other solution might there be?

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Apr 4, 2015, 6:05:14 AM via Website

Well, @colin that's weird because this thing isn't happening with me !!! But anyway if you are encountering the problem, first I would advise you to try clearing the cache and the data stored by facebook,(head over to the settings>app manager>swipe left to all>Look for facebook>tap over it it clear the cache and the data), and if by any case still you encounter the same problem and still feel that the problem with the app then you can use the older version of the facebook.apk file located at the apk mirror.

Facebook for Android 5.0+ (31st March 2015)
Facebook for Android 4.0+ (31st March 2015)

See if this makes any difference !! :)

Colin Williams

Apr 4, 2015, 11:21:41 AM via Website

Thanks Lalit, will try that later.;)

Colin Williams

Apr 4, 2015, 11:25:37 AM via Website

Oh,and out of curiosity, what is an apk mirror? Cheers

Lalit
  • Admin

Apr 4, 2015, 7:10:17 PM via Website

Colin Williams

Oh,and out of curiosity, what is an apk mirror? Cheers

Well, @colin ......... (thinking) apkmirror is a place where you can get most of the singed apk file of Android apps !! :D that's the best explanation that I can give ... ;)

Colin Williams

Apr 5, 2015, 10:53:35 PM via Website

Still no go, Lalit. I'm not alone in this - just check out the negative reviews for the latest update in the App Store, plenty of users unable to access FB.

Lalit
  • Admin

Apr 6, 2015, 6:13:02 PM via Website

Colin Williams

Still no go, Lalit. I'm not alone in this - just check out the negative reviews for the latest update in the App Store, plenty of users unable to access FB.

Well, if it's not just you then I would say why don't you wait a little for the next app update to arrive I am sure developers must be looking onto the same, also out of curiosity can you share which device you use because I don't seemed to be getting ...... (thinking)

Colin Williams

Apr 6, 2015, 6:36:43 PM via Website

There's been a download patch in the last few hours that's made FB somewhat easier to use, hopefully they're still working on it.
Thanks a lot for your interest.