Koch fe
  • Forum posts: 6

Feb 20, 2015, 3:37:08 AM via Website

Please help!
My htc droid Incredible does no longer auto rotate

Pranay Rana
  • Forum posts: 7

Feb 20, 2015, 9:43:43 AM via Website

Make sure auto rotation is turned on from the notification bar. If it is already enabled, then you may want to reinstall the latest version of your stock firmware. Alternatively, you can try out different third apps that lets you auto rotate.

Koch fe

Feb 20, 2015, 11:57:09 AM via Website

Thanks,
But how do I reinstall the latest version of my stock firmware

Irek Janek

Feb 20, 2015, 3:53:00 PM via Website

Did you try to reset your HTC?

Settings > Backup and Reset > Reset Phone > Ok > Ok.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Feb 20, 2015, 7:29:59 PM via Website

Hey @Koch fe, before moving forward in factory resetting your device like most of the member have already guided you over here, Make sure the auto screen rotation is checked, head over to the settings and look for the option display and gestures tap over it and the very first option you will see is Auto-rotate screen, make sure that its's ticked and again check if the screen auto rotates !! :)

Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Koch fe

Feb 20, 2015, 8:42:17 PM via Website

Hi
I have already ticked the auto rotate feature but it didn't work

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Feb 21, 2015, 5:40:39 AM via Website

@Koch fe, if that's the case then you can move forward in performing factory resetting you can do that either by heading over to the

Tap Settings>Storage>Factory data reset>Reset phone>Erase everything.

or you can also factory reset your device by booting onto the boot loader menu

• Switch the device off,wait for a few seconds.
  • Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN + POWER BUTTON button.
  • Wait for the screen with the Android images to show up, and once it appears release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
  • Press VOLUME DOWN button to navigate to FACTORY RESET, and use the POWER button to select.
  • Once the Factory resetting completes your device will reboot normally.

Note: Before moving forward with the factory reset make sure you have backup all of your data as it's going to wipe out all the data stored over your device.

Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Koch fe

Feb 21, 2015, 5:27:09 PM via Website

Thanks
I backed up all data with an app called back up pro but as I went on to reset factory data I was told that everything will be erased including all downloaded app, which means that I would lose the app along with the backup. What can I do then?