Samsung Galaxy S5 — Samsun S5 battery draining quickly (gpsd)

• Replies:1
Ricardo ORtega
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 15, 2015, 4:35:52 PM via Website

Hello, this is my first time posting in this forum and I did it since i couldn't find any other thread about my problem here.

Not too long ago I bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 and since I change from my S4 I noticed that the batterys seemed to last a lot less, and after checking the battery consumption on the phone settings I realized that somthing called "gpsd" is comsuming the most battery on my phone (up to 40% it said), even more than the OS or the screen. I know it has to do with Samsung applications using my Location or using the GPS but I can't find the app. I already reset the factory settings and tried deactivating the "Location" feature, the "remote control" feature and all of the apps that asked for my Location, but it still drains my battery.

Last night I went to sleep at 1am and my phone still had 60% battery left. I turned the "Ultra power saving mode" on and it had 14% left this morning at 9am, while my brother who has the same phone (except that his is the SM-G900F model) used the UPS mode with 20% left and from 2am to like 7-9am his phone only consumed 6% of his battery.

I know other people are having the same problem but i dont know what to do, please someone help :(

Simo Mohamed
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 5, 2015, 10:23:53 PM via Website

I have the same problem with my note 3, i have try all solutions possible but the problem persist.
Now, i heat Samsung, Bad Services and high prices.
it's time to make a change.

Ricardo ORtega