Flashing custom rom

• Replies:6
Derek Payne
  • Forum posts: 6

Feb 8, 2015, 4:00:34 PM via Website

Hi

I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy s2 GT-I9100, I have copied over to my phone the nessessary files to flash a custom Kitkat based rom (Rom, Kitkat compatible CWM and Gapps) my question is simple, is it possible to flash the rom etc without wiping the data and factory reset etc?

Cheers

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Feb 8, 2015, 11:09:39 PM via App

Normally if the rom you are flashing is based on your current set up then it can be done, but I wouldn't recommend it. You're better to back up using titanium backup or nandroid and restore after a clean install.

Sinkster

Derek Payne
  • Forum posts: 6

Feb 10, 2015, 7:08:10 PM via Website

Ok

I have used CyanogenMod's brilliant online utility to install the latest KitKat rom 4.4.4, all is fine except that I have some contact details missing. I backed everything up using Kies the night before I installed KitKat, but now Kies doesn't want to connect with my phone even though I have enabled USB Debugging.

Is there any other way I can retrieve the missing contacts?

Cheers

reinold p
  • Forum posts: 3,401

Feb 10, 2015, 7:47:36 PM via Website

If manually correcting is to complicated, you have to go back to firmware. Then restore your KIES-backup and save your contacts in your Google-account or by MyPhoneExplorer on PC. KIES communicates with firmware, of course.

Root again, flash custom-ROM and copy your contacts back to your phone.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 267

Feb 11, 2015, 3:18:49 PM via Website

I think this is not possible. If you set up it again then all your data will gone out. But it's better if you have an iCloud account. Then you back up your all data and important files there.

reinold p
  • Forum posts: 3,401

Feb 11, 2015, 6:00:42 PM via Website

I didn't use KIES anytimes. But if you flash the firmware, your KIES-backup is based of, you should be able to restore your data. That's the sence of a backup.

Philips Zortzis
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 2, 2015, 2:21:15 PM via Website

There are some users who may think, is it possible when you fail to flash your Android phone and if there is something wrong after flashing it? I would like to tell you that there is no harm on your phone if you flash your Android phone. When you flash a system of a new version and if that time something wrong happens with your phone, then you cab flash it to some other version.

Got to Android Datat Recovery to futher know in detail

androiddata-recovery.com/how-to-flash-a-new-rom-on-android.php