Google Nexus 5 — Lollipop is draining me..

• Replies:3
Lost with Lollipop
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 5, 2015, 8:25:29 PM via Website

Hello,

Maybe I can find some answers here..

I got the Nexus 5 and I love the phone but since I got the Lollipop update my phone started to mess up,
The battery is draining within 3-4 hours and it's driving me crazy, the phone simultaneously shuts down, or restating on it's own.. things that didn't happen before and now it's getting worse. some times the phone freeze and does not respond, WhatsApp is crashing every other day, and it's not running smoothly as it use to be.

• Is this because of the new Lollipop update?
  • How do I fix this problem?
  • How do I prevent apps from restating on there own and draining my phone

I hope I can get some answers here that will help me solve this major issues,

Thank you,

Viktor jovanović v.
  • Forum posts: 6

Feb 6, 2015, 1:34:59 PM via Website

I also have Nexus five lolipop, buth I have not that problems. With update 5.0.1 some of them are fiksed.you can try turn on and of air plan mode, click betwen two option GHZ on wifi, and restart mobile phone. That's all what I have read abouth that problem.

Ethan
  • Forum posts: 4

Feb 6, 2015, 5:50:18 PM via App

Although it may be a hassle, it is often best to factory reset your phone when a major update has been installed. Sometimes the system can install a new update and literally overlap it on top of some of the previous software causing excessive battery drain. Now that 5.0 has been installed on your device, back the device up and then factory reset it and see if your problems are still noticeable.

Lost with Lollipop
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 8, 2015, 1:40:33 AM via Website

Hello Victor,

Thank you for you r msg,

does the backup will also backup the apps, whatsapp, etc?
is this connected to the google back up I have ?

kindly advise me what backup is to be done, as I'm not so familiar although I do have a google backup frequently

Thanks,