Which Android app crashes the most on you?

• Replies:7
Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jan 20, 2015, 5:47:40 PM via Website

We all know those apps: the ones you can't live without that continually crash on you.

For some it's Chrome, for others, custom launchers, for me it's the camera.

You tell us: which apps crash the most for you?

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Grant
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 21, 2015, 11:53:43 PM via Website

My S5 was always having problems every time I tried to use the camera. It would just not work. It showed the options/settings on either side, but the screen was blank and an error message would come up.
Once I changed to Nova launcher, I got my camera back. It now works fine. I'm not sure what I did to cause the camera to stop working, as it was initially when I bought it. Somewhere along the line I updated or installed some software that caused the problem I think. I'm not that technically inclined, but did try other launchers as an option just for appearance and convenience, and when I installed Nova, it somehow cured my camera woes. Other than that, I haven't had too many app problems with this phone. Off topic I know, but I am considering changing though to a Note 4 / Note 5 when they come out, or an Xperia Z3 (or the Z4 when it comes).

Robert Nesta Marley
  • Forum posts: 39

Jan 22, 2015, 6:02:56 AM via Website

agreed it is definitely a camera that crashes the most

DJantel
  • Forum posts: 56

Jan 25, 2015, 5:37:00 PM via Website

Recently the Google Play Store is just terrible. It crashes pretty often and I practically can never watch screenshots in landscape mode.
I have no problems at all with my camera.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jan 25, 2015, 5:42:34 PM via Website

DJantel

Recently the Google Play Store is just terrible. It crashes pretty often and I practically can never watch screenshots in landscape mode.
I have no problems at all with my camera.

Well, that's weird I never had the problem like this with the Google PlayStore app ! :? Did you tried clearing the cache and the data stored by the PlayStore app as sometimes it does helps in fixing such issues (lightbulb).

DJantel
  • Forum posts: 56

Jan 25, 2015, 5:56:23 PM via Website

Yes, I did that. I actually stumbled upon an article on androidpit that suggested it (even if the symptops are not exactly the same):
https://www.nextpit.com/google-play-not-working

Did not really help. I did not try the factory reset, as it does not annoy me enough to go through all the trouble ^^.
It is not too bad, but I can count on the fact that it will crash once a day.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jan 26, 2015, 9:09:07 AM via Website

DJantel

Yes, I did that. I actually stumbled upon an article on androidpit that suggested it (even if the symptops are not exactly the same):
https://www.nextpit.com/google-play-not-working

Did not really help. I did not try the factory reset, as it does not annoy me enough to go through all the trouble ^^.
It is not too bad, but I can count on the fact that it will crash once a day.

Well, in that case I would say sometimes installing older version of Google PlayStore may helps I remember the same has happen previously with my Samsung duos I have manually installed the latest version of the Google PlayStore which sometimes makes the app go in an non responding state, all the time I was like why they hell it's happening (angry) but later on one day I performed factory resetting and thing will start working the normal way it should the only difference is I am not using the latest version of the Google Play Store it was 3.10.9 and never the Google Play Services updated the Google PlayStore. So, I guess my Samsung device is old although it still runs perfectly but the only difference is I am using older version of Google PlayStore who know it may be the same case you can try uninstalling the updates of Google PlayStore by heading over to the app manager and tap over the uninstall updates tab. :) See if that makes any difference !

Miran Kirn
  • Forum posts: 25

Jan 26, 2015, 9:30:05 AM via Website

I have some problems with Google Play Store too. As it happens only from time to time it is not so annoying, next will check proposals from mentioned article.:)