[App] WiFi Better Battery

• Replies:2
Michael Heissenberger
  • Forum posts: 32

Jan 4, 2015, 3:33:31 AM via Website

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a good start into the new year!

Please allow me to introduce to you my new app - WiFi Better Battery. Its primary functionality lies within decreasing battery usage of WiFi and getting some security into Android's WiFi.

Link: https: //play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.minudev.wifipowersave
Maybe a mod would be kind enough to make that a link! :)

It saves battery by making sure WiFi is only on when needed. When you leave the range of your (for example) home WiFi, your device's WiFi module is turned off after a short delay (to make up for connection hiccups). When you reenter the range, you will quickly be reconnected.

Optionally, the app comes with a MAC checking feature to actually get some security into Android's WiFi system. By default, Android only checks the name of the network. That means that if any network has the same name, Android automatically connects to it, including sending the network password to this probably malicious router. Not to mention the dangers coming from being connected to a malicious WiFi. The MAC check tries to make sure the network is actually who it seems to be.

The app does have in-app purchases, but those are only for donations and to deactivate ads. The full functionality is completely free.

QR code for easy downloading:

I'm looking forward to any feedback you may have for me and would be very grateful for it. Thanks in advance!

— modified on Jan 4, 2015, 3:33:46 AM

priyamathi
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 5, 2015, 10:09:07 AM via Website

Yes, the topic was nice. But i have WiFi connection problem on my mobile.Give me any suggession to clear that problem. My mobile model is Karbonn A52.

Michael Heissenberger
  • Forum posts: 32

Jan 5, 2015, 1:25:54 PM via Website

Hey, what sort of connection problem do you have?