Can I be Successful?

• Replies:4
Jay Angue
  • Forum posts: 7

Nov 15, 2014, 3:36:16 PM via Website

This is the dumbest, stupidest, poorest question you will read..

Can I be a successful Android App developer even though I don't have an Android Phone?...

Cause you know I am a student and I dont have enough money to buy my Android Phone. You may comment why I want to create Android Apps if I dont have an android phone?.. Because most of my classmates have android phones and as a student I know what are the android apps they need to help them in their studies.

I am just using the Android Emulator...

Should I still continue or should I buy Android phone first?...

Kevin Berendsen
  • Forum posts: 118

Nov 15, 2014, 3:45:26 PM via Website

You can be successful but testing your app on an AVD takes more time than on a real device, that's it. But before you publish your app, make sure it has been tested on a real android device, just to be sure that it will work.

— modified on Nov 15, 2014, 3:45:57 PM

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Nov 15, 2014, 7:06:05 PM via App

Hey Jay Augue, :) That's quite cool I must say, you can develop apps for Android even you don't own an Android device. I would say Anroid Emulator is good enough to help you out in knowing how Android environment feels like, you must be having a PC to code things up ! All done, no problem at all start learning java because you are going to require that and try writing basic programs down you. I am sure you will eventually start getting how things are going on ! :) I am not good at codig things up but I am sure our community member will surley help you out with this one ! Good luck Jay :)

Jay Angue
  • Forum posts: 7

Nov 16, 2014, 12:47:50 AM via Website

Oh thank you so much Kevin and John for the answers.

angrynapkin
  • Forum posts: 11

Nov 17, 2014, 5:16:02 PM via Website

You can get a Moto G for about $50 off contract. I'd definitely go with an Android phone for development.