How to deal with a graphic sharing profits

• Replies:2
AppSquare
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 30, 2014, 4:13:34 PM via Website

Hi everyone!! i'm thinking about associate with a proffessional graphic designer in order to create new apps. I am android developer and i have some apps published in Google Play but just now i'd like to enhance the graphic interface for future apps and games.

Now, i have to deal with this guy to get an agreement, but i do not know exactly how much percentage could i get (being fairy).

My functions will be: development of the app/game, monetization strategy, FX and music, multirresolution screen, publishment...

What do you think about this ? Thanks in advance!!

Vishnu Narayana
  • Forum posts: 4

Nov 3, 2014, 1:33:40 AM via Website

From what I've heard around, make sure to get a contract. If not, worst case scenario is that the artist can claim all of the assets you're using in your game as his own (since he has the source creation files and there's nothing to indicate that you own them), and the game will get pulled from the play store. The contract should stipulate that you are the sole owner of the assets created.

Of course, IANAL, and this is all just what I've heard about similar questions.

AppSquare
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 3, 2014, 7:57:41 AM via Website

Thanks Narayana, very surely i'll get a contract. My scenario is that we will be working hand to hand, and my idea is to deal with 60%(me)-40%(him). I think that is a fairy deal because i think that as programmer i have more work that him as graphic designer... What do you think about this ?