Samsung Galaxy Note 4 — How soon to buy a backup battery?

• Replies:13
Lamos
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 29, 2014, 7:27:22 AM via Website

Hi,

How soon will you guys buy a backup battery? I got my first for my last phone after almost one year. Not sure about my Note 4.

Abby Gale
  • Forum posts: 13

Oct 29, 2014, 10:05:24 AM via Website

1 year is enough time to buy battery for your set. However, it depends on the set also. Some sets require battery sooner than others.

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Oct 29, 2014, 10:55:31 AM via Website

I think it is a case by case thing, but each smartphone user should ask themselves these question when considering getting a new battery. If the answer is yes for each of them, then it's time:

1. Is your phone just plain dead
  2. Does your phone only show power when plugged in
  3. does it die quickly
  4. Does your phone or battery start to feel hot
  5. Does your battery bulge

The good thing about the Note 4 is that you can buy a replacement battery from Samsung, or eBay, while phones that you can't open require you to just get a new phone or buy an external battery pack which can be a lot more expensive

Leigh

Abby Gale
  • Forum posts: 13

Oct 29, 2014, 11:05:47 AM via Website

You said for NOTE 4 a replacement battery may be bought from Samsung or eBay, Do you think it works as good as the original one?

Geolinlee
  • Forum posts: 11

Oct 29, 2014, 11:31:00 AM via Website

About one year. Or I just buy one for backup use. It is better for you to buy an OEM one. One good place provide OEM phone accessories like cables, chargers, battery is kingsbuying.com. I bought there and recommended to my friends and family.

Bruce
  • Forum posts: 25

Oct 29, 2014, 12:33:00 PM via Website

Tired of charging my phone again and again. I have bought two batteries in the same year and still not satisfied with the performance. May ground my smart phone and only reason will be that battery issue.

Glen S.
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 29, 2014, 1:30:38 PM via Website

I always buy two extra *OEM*batteries as soon as I buy a phone and carry a PowerBank and solar charger with me. Ain't gonna go without my phone at anytime (hopefully).

Rodriguez

Oct 31, 2014, 4:17:26 AM via Website

So I am the only one who kill a NOTE 4 in half a day? Need a killer battery ASAP!

Albert Song

Nov 13, 2014, 2:02:14 PM via Website

Hey,

I have 4 backup batteries with 2 external charger for my Note 2. you only need about 2 min to change battery.
I don't charge using my phone as the phone will get warm and frequent use on the USB port may get it to be loose and spoil easily.
Furthermore, the battery life cycle will be depleted when you are charging the phone and using it at the same time.

Jimmy LightspeeD
  • Forum posts: 5

Jan 3, 2015, 7:13:28 AM via Website

Good answer. Never thought about that. Will try n get extra battery n external charger a.s.a.p

chiliwillie
  • Forum posts: 16

Jan 12, 2015, 12:06:05 AM via Website

It actually depends on your usage and lifestyle but I've got one for back up, just in case.

Sculptedstylus
  • Forum posts: 5

Apr 11, 2015, 3:40:06 AM via Website

chiliwillie

It actually depends on your usage and lifestyle but I've got one for back up, just in case.

I alternate between two batteries! As soon as one gets to around 50%, I remove it, place it in the portable charger, and replace it with my second one.