What will replace WhatsApp as the best messenger?

• Replies:6
Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Oct 28, 2014, 10:28:37 AM via Website

Everyone loves WhatsApp (it may as well come pre-loaded on every Android and iOS smartphone). With 600 million monthly users, it's easily the biggest instant messenger. But WeChat out of China is spreading like wildfire too, with Q3 monthly users likely to be in the 475-500 million range.

So could WeChat replace WhatsApp eventually? WhatsApp is probably partially as popular as it is because it is dead simple. But with the rise of other messengers like WeChat, Kik, Facebook Messenger, Skype, Hangouts and so on, will WhatsApp stay on top forever?

What messenger do you think will replace WhatsApp at number one? Or will WhatsApp stay on top forever?

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Oct 31, 2014, 9:51:35 AM via Website

I think everything has a shelf life. Even Facebook. So I don't think WhatsApp will always be there.

Google is what I'm worried about. How on earth is something going to take on Google? It's got everything!

gaurav p.

William Jones
  • Forum posts: 7

Mar 4, 2016, 11:09:09 AM via Website

For personal usage and day-to-day usage the whatsapp is the most recommended instant messenger app which could help you in many ways. Apart from the normal usage in case if there is a need of using the chat app in an organization or need to be used in any unique and secured way the best choice which everyone could give is trying out an instant messaging solution. There are many available like Contus Fly that helps to build a best instant messaging app.

Mirllall All
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 4, 2017, 11:13:08 AM via Website

It is difficult to predict the future of messengers. But I think that WhatsApp will not always be on top. Technologies do not stand still, and now there is an opportunity to create your own messenger here idapgroup.com/blog/messenger-app-development/

Brett Johnson
  • Forum posts: 24

Dec 4, 2017, 1:18:44 PM via Website

the higher you rise the harder you fall. :)

William Jones
  • Forum posts: 3

Dec 14, 2017, 1:56:27 PM via Website

Not exactly. :)

Ekaterina Kruglova
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 24, 2018, 7:56:20 AM via Website

Paranoya is the best!