MY TABLET WON'T SHOW THE SCREEN WHEN I TURN IT ON. HELP PLS!!

• Replies:22
Pauline Grace
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 22, 2014, 7:36:41 AM via Website

Yesterday, i let my sister borrow my tablet. She used this certain app. She left my tablet on the sofa while that certain app is open. Now, when she cam back to look at my tab, she didn't saw anything. I guess my tablet shut down. When i click the power button (for 10 seconds like i usually do), i can hear that sound whenever i get a notification. The problem is, i can't see anything on my tab because it's all black. I can still hear this sound when i turn it off. How can i see what's happening on my screen? I mean, should i press some buttons or something? HELP PLSSSS ;-;

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Oct 22, 2014, 10:38:04 AM via App

Well @Pauline that was sad :( but I guess your display may have gone as you said it was lying on the sofa and who knows if someone accidently sits over your device which may have ..... anyway you could try is switching your device off, try pressing and holding voulme+power button see if that throws you to the bootloader menu :? and if you still see nothing then its defiantely the display first check it out.

PS: Please be advise don't rush onto bootloader menu by pressing it again and again because mis handling could results in data loss. Try it just one time and if you still see nothing then switch your device off and rush to the nearest support for fixing the display.

— modified on Oct 22, 2014, 10:39:01 AM

AizenMeganDeactivated Account

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Oct 27, 2014, 10:11:02 AM via Website

Hi @Pauline, as @John mentioned, are you sure no one accidentally sat on your tablet and isn't conbfessing? ;)

There's a few reasons that you may have a screen that won't come on. It could be a display driver problem or a variety of other issues that I covered in relation to the HTC One in this article: https://www.nextpit.com/how-to-fix-black-screen-on-the-htc-one

Try those out and if nothing works then you'll need to visit a repair center so they can pull your tablet apart and check the cables, connections and display components. Best of luck.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Deactivated Account

Aristarchos Christofi
  • Forum posts: 15

Oct 27, 2014, 10:32:50 AM via Website

it may be broken the link between the screen and the motherboard. However the most common problem here is a motherboard problem as the screen should show at least some backlight if its broken

Joyful.Jah'Nye

Apr 10, 2016, 11:40:30 PM via Website

Thank you so much my tablet did the same thing but now it works

Aysha Fidha
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 25, 2016, 7:06:51 PM via Website

can you please tell me how?

newarz rhouban

Aug 31, 2016, 9:28:50 PM via Website

Dear Joyful.Jah'Nye could you please tell us how it worked because I also have the same problem. Thanks!

Percival Knight

Sep 19, 2016, 11:19:16 PM via Website

Hi

I have the same problem with a black screen. Can somebody help please?

Emma Smith

Nov 9, 2016, 7:03:25 PM via Website

:( That same thing happened to me November 7, 2016. I was on Music.ly and then it turned off and when I try turning it on it just flickers a light black and turns off, but I can hear when I turn it on. And it doesn't even flicker when I try turning it on I have to hold it then let it go and after about 5 seconds it'll flicker.:'(

P.S My friend told me that the screen went out and you can get it repaired but it'll happen again.(nerd)

Caden Dgama

Nov 26, 2016, 9:39:09 PM via Website

Thank you SOO MUCH the advice about the force restart helped a lot!

lla dermis
  • Forum posts: 12

Nov 28, 2016, 7:49:24 PM via Website

It's maybe a problem of your display, however, you can try to log into boot mode, if it goes then it's software issue otherwise if you still find blank then take support from professional

Chris Giguere

Dec 1, 2016, 5:42:13 PM via Website

Thank you! I was on internet researching exactly the same deal, screen black but could not see anything even when trying to power down, I could hear next book running in background sounding message alerts so I knew it was still on. I did as you suggested by pressing power and lower volume button at same time, held it a few seconds and voila! I'm in like flint! Thank you!

Mollyanne Davidson

Daymein Kury

Jan 29, 2017, 3:51:08 AM via Website

I tried that and all I did was take a screen shot but nothing else

Megan Caning

Nov 15, 2017, 9:40:03 PM via Website

This has just happened to me . How much does this cost to fix .

Mollyanne Davidson

Dec 17, 2017, 12:40:18 AM via Website

THANK YOU SO MUCH! My screen went black and I was freaking out and I tried everything then tried what you said about holding the power button and the lower volume button and in seconds it worked! I am eternally grateful! Thank you! ❤️

more rainbowcat

Dec 24, 2017, 3:51:47 AM via Website

I have packard bell tablet and the screen went completely black when i was playing game and it wont turn on and the screen light in the back round is on but doesn't show any thing plez help I just got it yesterday what should i do?

more rainbowcat

Dec 24, 2017, 4:00:30 AM via Website

Hey I have a Packard bell tablet and I was playing a game and the screen went completely black and the light in the back round is still on but the screen is black still black and I try to hold power button and volume but how long do I hold it for or does it not work can you help me plez ill get in so much trouble I just got it yesterday for Christmas. But what else could I do for it to work thanks for helping me bye. And I did do the power and volume button for 1 seconds and a sound started to come on but same thing with the damn screen😞😞

— modified on Dec 24, 2017, 4:12:37 AM

Mikhail Ireland

Aug 3, 2018, 2:15:36 AM via Website

I just got the same problem on my tablet. When I connect a charger or press the volume buttons, it makes the sound so I know it's on. Also notifications do sound. It's just that the screen stays black. I tried power and volume down but all it did was take a screenshot.

lilcupid200

Dec 5, 2018, 8:22:02 PM via Website

so all u did was press the power button and volume button?! does it really work

Crystal_seal

May 4, 2019, 6:06:30 PM via Website

Hey @Pauline! I have the exact same problem, and I have found not many reliable youtube videos or social media sites to help me. so I would like to ask you not to waste your time looking. I have some solutions that could help, depending on the type of tablet. Here is one of them that works for MOST tablets.

Take off the back of the tablet and locate the reset button. you need to wait for fifteen minutes before trying to switch it on again.

I hope someone found this useful!

Dorothy

Dec 4, 2019, 6:55:59 AM via Website

Mine happened to my daughter so she was on tik tok or likee one of them and then before she knew it the screen froze and den went blue. She thinks that maybe it has fallen down from someone's hand but it can't be water that spoilt because her tab is waterproof. So what do you think I should do.pls help me because she keeps crying day night about her tablet not working. The reason why she is cryingis because she is addicted to her tab

Madeline
  • Forum posts: 15

Dec 25, 2019, 4:30:01 PM via Website

the reset button? Ок, I will try it. Thanks!

Alisawangly
  • Forum posts: 83

Mar 24, 2020, 9:15:42 AM via Website

Three tips from : Fix Samsung Tablet Won't Turn On
The free tips and the effective method, try those tips to fix balck screen Samsung tablet.

— modified on Mar 24, 2020, 9:25:49 AM