How to sync Moon+Reader books between devices

• Replies:18
ginger hirsch
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 20, 2014, 11:59:21 PM via Website

I have HTC LTE phone and Amazon Kindle Fire HD. I Have the Moon+Reader App (not the pro) on both devices, but the books don't sync, so I have to download books in both places. I am told you can sync books by putting them in DropBox, but I can't figure out how to do this. I've also read something about calibre, but don't know how to do that either. Anybody that can give me simplified help would be appreciated

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Oct 21, 2014, 1:04:42 AM via Website

Once you've put your books in Dropbox, open Moon+ and there's an option to enable File Sync: From the Shelf, select Local Files, then Dropbox, then the Gear icon down the bottom-left. That'll let you select the option to Backup book files to Dropbox. Do this on all your devices, and it should work. One other thing, Moon+ only syncs when you're reading. It saves bandwidth and battery, but it means if you're reading anything and lose your connection, it won't sync.

Sinkster

Alain Bruguieres

Aug 11, 2015, 11:03:13 AM via Website

Hallo, I am trying to do precisely that. I have a Galaxy Note 10.1 with dropbox and moonreader pro installed, and I would like to instruct my moonreader to use the dropbox so that my books are synched with other devices. However, I don't understand what to do at all. In parameters, there's an option to use dropbox, I have checkt it. But apart from that, I just can't figure out what to do. I don't even know what "the shelf" is, and I can't even locate the folder where my dropbox files are situated. I feel pretty stupid, since all the explanations I have found here and there seem to take it for granted that these things are self-obvious. Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance.

William Mccrea

Dec 26, 2015, 5:24:35 PM via Website

Open the book you want to sync, Go to menu top right hand corner, the 3 dots
Click on miscellaineous, scroll to the bottom and click sync with whoever you want to use gdrive, dropbox...

Derek Lewis

Derek Lewis

Jan 24, 2016, 8:48:54 AM via Website

Nice photo example, brother! :D

Žiga Turk

Feb 21, 2016, 12:41:31 PM via Website

Here is how it works for me:

//notes.zturk.com/2016/02/synchronizing-moon-books-on-android.html

Cheers!

Maria Armatas

Lloyd Stewart

May 13, 2016, 12:26:13 AM via Website

But none of the methods above will sync highlighting in android Moon Reader, will they? I'd like to sync highlighting and notes to several android devices, but so far haven't found a way to do that using Moon Reader. Using Google Books will do it, but there is no way to organize documents in Google Play Books, which in time will make finding anything most trying. Then one could try using "The File Converter" to convert epub documents into pdf's, but still with the links. But the links seem to appear at the end of a document such that it's most difficult to reach the link and then get back to where you were.

I'm about to pull my hair our trying to find the best way that would include the ability to sync notes and highlights and have about resigned myself to just using one device (my tablet) and forgetting trying to sync several devices. I tried Ziga Turk's method, but highlighting wasn't saved.

Maybe someone has found something that works well for android where notes and highlighting is synced to other devices AND that has that wonderful functionality that an epub document gives you for clicking on links? Yes?

Isaac Pocho

Mike Link

Mar 11, 2017, 3:22:27 PM via Website

I'm a new user, so I can't post links, but search for this article: "Best-Android-App-to-Annotate-Documents-Moon-Reader"

Jancterp
  • Forum posts: 12

Mar 12, 2017, 6:26:21 AM via Website

As i know , i have succeed sync two different telephone, just need to connect the two phone to computer , then you can use the tool to help

Nicolás Velásquez

May 9, 2017, 8:36:37 AM via Website

I am not sure if you can sync highlights and comments in Moon+ across devices.
To do just that, I successfully employed Mantano/Bookari ereader app and subscribe to their cloud service for the past 4 years. It worked like a charm across my Android phones, Amazon Fire tablets (Mantano/Bookari sideloaded), and eInk devices (Nooks from Barnes and nobles and Onyx InkBook).
Alas, my happy sincying ended abruptly over the weekend as Bookari servers went off line. The Company, Mantano, has not even commented on the shutdown.
Now I am looking for a solution/alternative to sync my readings across devices again...

Raymond Lam

Mar 22, 2018, 1:14:16 PM via Website

Read this article: Moon+ Reader Pro: How to sync bookmarks between devices. FAQs, Problems.
Very detailed explanation with mobile phone snapshots.
raymondlamsk.blogspot.sg/2018/03/moon-reader-how-to-sync-bookmark-bet-devices.html

— modified on Apr 2, 2018, 5:11:13 AM

ahooja

Mar 19, 2021, 11:49:10 PM via Website

I downloaded the DropSync app and bought Pro version. I have copied the Moon Reader folders both on my Galaxy Tablet and Pixel 5. My main books on my Tablet but are not showing up on the Pixel phone. What am I doing wrong? I a new user. Thank you

Carol Owen
  • Forum posts: 7

Jul 17, 2021, 6:37:25 PM via Website

Search a little bit of it on google and you can find amazing solution regarding it.

Deactivated Account

ashleyfpatton

Oct 8, 2021, 10:07:15 AM via Website

Thanks for the explanation. Very useful information to help me write a study on this topic as part of my university studies. I often go to various sites that help me with ideas for my essays or other written research.

Yousef Parrish

May 26, 2022, 8:47:28 PM via Website

There are a few things to look for in the top essay writing service. The first is whether it guarantees the quality of their writing. Additionally, the service should ensure that its writers are qualified and do not sell or leak any user data. Make sure to read the company's policies and the security of its website to ensure that your data is safe. Listed below are three things to look for in a top essay writing service. Keep reading for more details!

Eric Cartman
  • Forum posts: 8

Jul 30, 2022, 2:45:33 AM via Website

I've completely abandoned books lately.

emmaparkers

Aug 29, 2022, 10:18:05 PM via Website

Hello! Thanks for recommendation!

Sandra Hdes
  • Forum posts: 5

Sep 1, 2022, 5:03:45 PM via Website

Key features of Moon+ Reader include: Full visual settings, including line space, font scale, bold, italic, shadow, justified alignment, alpha colours, fading edge, etc. Moon+ Reader supports epub, mobi, chm, cbr, cbz, umd, fb2, txt, html, rar, zip, and OPDS files.

Billi Jean
  • Forum posts: 12

Oct 23, 2022, 10:47:48 AM via Website

Hello!