Motorola Moto G — How to recover deleted pictures from Moto G?

• Replies:33
  • Answered
Banzee Simmons
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 20, 2014, 6:41:45 AM via Website

My kid accidentally deleted few pictures and videos from my phone. My phone supports micro SD card. Please help!

Banzee Simmons

Oct 21, 2014, 6:41:59 AM via Website

thanks all for your suggestion. I will definitely try

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Oct 21, 2014, 12:11:49 PM via Website

For anyone that doesn't like following links, there's a couple of things to remember (until you get around to following the links to tutorials):

1. Act fast. This is the single most important thing to do.

2. Switch off data and Wi-Fi. Your photos are only lost permanently once they are overwritten, so you want to make sure no downloads or updates happen before you recover your content.

3. Download a recovery tool. There's plenty of free ones or trial versions available. You might wasn't to follow the link in @John's reply above to get recommendations or to be walked through the recovery process.

4. Save those photos to your computer, a microUSB stick, burn a CD, print them out...whatever. Now that you have them back, don't lose them.

5. Stop it from happening again by syncing your photos to the cloud (if you trust it), regularly backing them up to CD or your computer or installing an app that can automatically do this for you.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Bik Bar
  • Forum posts: 4

Oct 22, 2014, 8:00:41 AM via Website

Good advice man.

Jazz William
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 25, 2014, 5:17:12 PM via Website

hey i m new to the forum and liked your advice really. @Banzee have you recovered your files?

Banzee Simmons

Oct 27, 2014, 4:22:50 AM via Website

yea, thanks to the forum and @Kris Carlon advice, i am glad i recovered my files. Downloaded software and the software helped to recover my photos back. Downloaded from website *admin edit: external links are forbidden *

— modified on Dec 12, 2014, 7:31:26 AM by moderator

Jonathan Jobbs

Nov 10, 2014, 12:51:32 PM via Website

Not to worry, the pics aren't completely erased until they're overwritten by new data after it's been deleted. You can however make use of third party apps and recover them. Here's how it's done - youtu.be/U3CiSik28zY

— modified on Nov 10, 2014, 12:52:00 PM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 18

Feb 2, 2015, 7:36:40 AM via Website

What recovery tool did you use to get the lost data back?

Shirley C
  • Forum posts: 5

Feb 4, 2015, 3:37:10 AM via Website

H-Data Android SD Card Recovery is an all-in-one file recovery solution to undelete photos on SD card with 350+ file formats when you accidentally erases files, hard drive is formatted or damaged, lost/deleted partition; photo or video lost from local drive, memory card, or camera; file lost from mobile phones, etc. Designed for the recovery of accidently deleted data and files, Using advanced scanning technology and directory restructuring algorithm, H-Data Recovery for Android SD Card can assist you to recover deleted data and files emptied from Recycle Bin and files deleted by using SHIFT+DELETE key, etc. To view customer views on Softonic: hdata-recovery-master.en.softonic

— modified on Feb 4, 2015, 3:37:58 AM

Christopher Ethan
  • Forum posts: 12

Mar 10, 2015, 9:54:52 AM via Website

Hey. Don't worry. I once used TENORSHAR ANDROID DATA and it helped me recover my lost photos. You can have a try with it.

— modified on Mar 10, 2015, 9:56:07 AM

Damon Mobley
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 10, 2015, 8:52:25 AM via Website

youtu.be/0lMztoOigks
here is another way to recover deleted photos from sd card

Deactivated Account

Ryan spacey
  • Forum posts: 5

Apr 21, 2015, 5:20:50 AM via Website

Is your file in your micro SD? that is easy to recover. Can your computer read your Motorola ? if it can't then just buy a card reader which is very cheap. plug your SD card to card reader. after your cell phone or the card reader connect to your computer.
And comes to the most Important part. Download a recovery tool. just google recover deleted photos or something, I assume you didn't know there is such a useful tool. I have used Jihosoft before, quite useful, of course you can chose other recovery tool, just chose a nice one and follow the guide to use the tool. you will get your pictures recovered. you pictures is not deleted only if your pictures is not over written. so do stop using the phone if you need to recover.

Robin Raj

May 13, 2015, 4:28:40 PM via Website

Where is the recovery tool? give me link plz

OalfRob
  • Forum posts: 20

Jul 24, 2015, 4:53:01 AM via Website

H-Data Recovery Master is not bad. I tried a lot of recovery tool, only H-Data Recover 95% of my lost files.

Blair Chen
  • Forum posts: 38

Sep 7, 2015, 4:11:36 AM via Website

Don't worry. This happened to me once. I find Jihosoft Photo Recovery online. And got all my data back. You can have a try.

— modified on Sep 7, 2015, 4:28:16 AM

George Nelson

Ericka Blackburn

Sep 15, 2015, 5:46:09 AM via Website

I want my vidos return to my phone that taken off it I didn't get how they got deleted

George Nelson

iam spl

Oct 24, 2015, 10:42:04 PM via Website

I am stuck as i have lost data from Internal storage, I am having Moto G first Gen device, recently upgraded to 5.1 lollypop version.

I have tried all software tools that are available so far. All of them require "USB mass storage Mode" But to my badluck, I have recently done an OTA upgrade by motorola to 5.1 lollypop version. THis means my version does not support USB mass storage mode. I will not be able to mount and search for data recovery. My Phone is un-rooted. If i try to root it i my remaining data is anyway get formatted. And i cannot recover the lost data at all. I am stuck. Can anyone help ?

JieBruce

Dec 2, 2015, 8:13:09 AM via Website

After the pictures and videos are deleted by mistake, you'd better stop using your phone.
Then find a data recovery for Motorola program to help you retrieve the files as soon as possible.

You can visit this site to find a solution: phone-transfer-recovery.com

Hope it helps.

— modified on Dec 2, 2015, 8:14:20 AM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 52

Dec 9, 2015, 3:53:01 AM via Website

Hi, so happy i can help you ! you can just download a recovery software, that can be very useful! my friend have used one mobikin doctor for android, she said its good. good luck!

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 14

Dec 16, 2015, 10:05:58 AM via Website

Does your phone store many important information such as contacts, messages ,pictures? And you did not backup phone data. Don't worry, see this :
How to recover deleted pictures

George Nelson

Mar 14, 2016, 4:22:43 PM via Website

I lost my video

Chithrubini Hari

Louis Peter

Apr 12, 2016, 1:32:04 PM via Website

Once My sons too have done same. And really was very desperate but using effective recovery tool I was able to get back my lost data in few seconds. More details:- recoverysoftw.com

luccahook
  • Forum posts: 6

Apr 26, 2016, 9:51:15 AM via Website

As for some vital photos from phone, it is necessary to try our best to recover them. With facing the losing case, it may help you via Android Photo Recovery.
1. It is able to recover lots of kind of files.
2. Support for most devices.
3. Easy and safe for you to use.
Besides, the new version of this tool can allows you remove password on screen and then retrieve deleted pictures from Moto.

— modified on Apr 26, 2016, 10:06:13 AM

karensavana

Alfred Gilbert
  • Forum posts: 4

Jun 21, 2016, 8:13:34 AM via Website

Next time, you should backup some important data in time. If you don't backup and delete some data by accident, you should use some recover tools as soon as possible. Because you know, the later to recover files, the harder to recover successfully. Like the FonePaw and Wondershare are quite nice to use. You can have a look.

— modified on Jun 21, 2016, 8:14:34 AM

Walt Dolson

Walt Dolson
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 22, 2016, 3:17:41 AM via Website

Thanks, I goolge FonePaw and it helps.

Christie Rodriguez
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 7, 2016, 1:09:33 PM via Website

Follow this steps it will work out
1. Download and install Motorola Android Phone Recovery software then launch it on your system.
2. Enable USB debugging and connect your mobile phone to your PC. ...
3. Now, scan your mobile phone for preparation by clicking on 'Start' button.

Mancentry
  • Forum posts: 11

Mar 24, 2017, 10:31:23 AM via Website

To recover deleted data from Motorola easily and without any lose, you may need an Android Rescuer app to help, I've found one really helpful,

— modified on Apr 13, 2017, 1:47:44 PM

Damweiss
  • Forum posts: 12

Apr 17, 2017, 4:05:06 AM via Website

Thanks for your Answer, the Android Rescuer that i still have not used

Taiduol
  • Forum posts: 11

Apr 24, 2017, 2:22:31 AM via Website

As my example, you can install a recovery tools on your computer , and connect the android to the computer , after then you should launch the transfer opeartion on the computer , wait few seconds to get the results , you'll be able to preview and select pictures what you want to recover is ,

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 23

May 6, 2017, 5:49:21 PM via Website

If fortunately you have backed up your photographs in Google Photo/Google Drive, then you can simply open it, go to the "Trash" and choose the photos that you've backed up and tap on the "Restore" option, which is incredibly convenient to recover deleted pictures from Moto G.

Tina Brown

Jul 7, 2017, 9:37:33 AM via Website

If you want to get back your deleted photos and videos from your phon, it will be easy for you to recover your deleted photos and videos if you had back-up your photos in cloud drive such as ,Google photos or Dropbox.
But if you hadn’t back-up your datas in any cloud drives, so maybe you should use some toolkit to do you a favor.
According to my experience and your information, I would like to suggest you to use this kind of data recovery toolkit from FORecovery which is very appropriate for the data recovery of Android phone, including Moto.
Read the following article which may be useful for you. Hoping you could recover deleted photos and videos from Android phone successfully.

— modified on Jul 7, 2017, 9:41:07 AM

laurelg52

Nov 24, 2018, 5:51:43 PM via Website

If you were using Google Photos they would have been backed up to the cloud already. In fact to save storage space on your phone you can always go to Google photos on your phone, go to: "free up space", you can delete the photos on your phone because they're backed up to the cloud. If you want to see them using your phone, go to the google photos app.
You can access them on your PC if you have a Google Account and also download them to your PC.

David McCourt

Jan 10, 2019, 10:51:43 AM via Website

We have written about how to recover lost data using the Mobikin software that you recommend here: https://www.nextpit.com/how-to-recover-deleted-text-messages . The article is about how to recover text messages but the same software and process also works for other data, such as photos.