Galaxy s3 charging issue

• Replies:4
Drew r
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 6, 2014, 12:54:44 AM via Website

So my android phone was working fine until a couple months ago, the charger that came with it is the only one that works and when i use it, it charges very slowly, (like at least 10 hours for a full battery charge) and the battery gets drained abnormally fast (it dies with in 1-2 hours) can someone please help and tell me what is going on with my phone

MasterChat
  • Forum posts: 66

Oct 6, 2014, 2:54:49 AM via Website

It seems odd to charge for 10 hours and drained in 2 hours. Did you consult a your local store where you buy your phone on this problem?

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Oct 6, 2014, 11:54:21 AM via Website

Hi Drew, there are a few possible causes and resolutions. If it's a software problem then the solution by John above should work. There were quite a few cases of this when the SIII first came out, and it turned out to be that the i9300 has an issue with losing connectivity with the charger even if there is a very small amount of dust in the socket. Try blowing in the usb connector hole on the phone as, believe it or not, this had a huge success rate....

Sinkster

Animesh Kumar
  • Forum posts: 13

Oct 8, 2014, 8:49:06 AM via Website

It seems that you need to contact your nearest customer support center or change your battery because even after charging for 10 hours it works only 1-2 hours.