Samsung Galaxy S4 — Best apps for the Galaxy S4

• Replies:1
Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Sep 16, 2014, 9:01:32 PM via Website

Some of the bloatware on the S4 sucks.

Lots of Samsung's apps I don't even use because Google's apps are better but there's got to be better apps out there than just the Samsung and Google ones, right?

• So what should I replace ChatOn with?

• What if I don't like Google Maps?

• Any suggestions to replace S Health with?

• Any suggestions for a better camera app?

• Are there any alternatives to Google Wallet/Samsung Wallet?

• Are there any good alternatives to Gmail/Email that I can use with Gmail, Yahoo, msn etc?

• What's the best Android browser?

• What is the best app for reading ebooks if you don't like the Kindle or Kobo apps?

• What about calendar? Any suggestions?

I'd love to hear your favorite apps for the S4 in these categories!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

GT Ohh

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 8

Sep 23, 2014, 2:12:24 PM via Website

So what should I replace ChatOn with? WhatsApp.

What if I don't like Google Maps? I like Google Maps, but for navigation I use Waze.

Any suggestions to replace S Health with? Nike+ (I think it does the same thing, never used S Health)

Any suggestions for a better camera app? Default

Are there any alternatives to Google Wallet/Samsung Wallet? Don''t use it....

Are there any good alternatives to Gmail/Email that I can use with Gmail, Yahoo, msn etc? I like the Gmail app actually...

What's the best Android browser? Chrome.

What is the best app for reading ebooks if you don't like the Kindle or Kobo apps? I don't read eBooks on my phone.

What about calendar? Any suggestions? I only use it to figure out what day is each date, so the default is fine.