Google Nexus 5 — How do you clean your Nexus 5?

• Replies:5
Aadrika Singh
  • Forum posts: 5

Sep 12, 2014, 12:29:02 PM via Website

Hi all, I've had my Nexus 5 for a few months now. I am using a case to protect it incase I drop it, but it is soo annoying to have lots of dirty things in the edge of the phone.

What do you guys use to not get nasty stuff in your gaps & the speaker holes? Do others have this problem as well? It is making my Nexus 5 looking very dirty :(

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Sep 12, 2014, 4:01:48 PM via Website

I use a toothpick to clean out the funk in the speaker holes on the bottom, but for the edges I just dip a cotton tip in alcohol (vodka works a treat) and run that around the edge. It doesn't get everything out, but it looks better than it did before. It also comes in handy for drowning your sorrows with shame at how grubby your Nexus 5 is.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

sinkster

Momen Sh
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 4, 2014, 3:11:27 PM via Website

i use small paint brush :D

Scott

Oct 5, 2014, 6:02:18 AM via Website

I fold a thin piece of paper over slide it in between the casing and the glass and use the coner to "scoop" the crud out by running it around the edge. Works really well.

Honza H

Dec 29, 2014, 9:03:14 PM via Website

honestly, I don't have this problem at all as I don't use any case to protect my N5.