[FREE APP] [METAL DETECTOR], What if your mobile turns into metal detector? Try this app.

• Replies:2
Satsuma
  • Forum posts: 96

Aug 8, 2014, 7:35:40 AM via Website

Description
Turns your cell phone into a metal detector.
This app measures magnetic field value using the built-in magnetic sensor that is built into your device. The magnetic field level(EMF) in nature is about 49μT(micro Tesla) or 490mG(milli gauss); 1μT = 10mG. The magnetic field in nature ranges from 25 to 65 µT (0.25 to 0.65 G).
If there is any metal in the area, the strength of the magnetic field should increase. Sometimes, this app used to find electrical wires in walls (like a stud finder) and iron pipes in the ground.
Colours:
1 Green : Magnetic field level in nature within tolerance.
2 Yellow : Magnetic field level is medium, you are not far to find a metal object.
3 Red : Magnetic field level is too high, there is a metal object nearby. If the value is too high, device will vibrate, which means that metal object is detected.
How to use:
Open this app on your device, and move it around. The magnetic field level will constantly fluctuate. That's it!
The accuracy depends entirely on the sensors in your device.
App works best detecting ferromagnetic materials, such as iron and can’t detect non-ferromagnetic materials such as aluminium.
Remember:
If this app does not work properly, it may mean that your phone's sensors are damaged, broken or non-existent. To initialize the sensors, point your phone up towards the sky and move it in a figure 8 pattern. Especially, a view cover with a magnet or a leather case with a magnetic snap can cause unwanted results.
Note:
Magnetic sensor is affected by electronic equipment (TVs, PCs, etc.) due to electromagnetic waves.

For this app any one can visit play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.expressinc.metal.detector

— modified on Aug 8, 2014, 7:38:16 AM

ColemanStr
  • Forum posts: 4

Mar 26, 2020, 10:48:33 PM via Website

Will this app have the same possibilities as a normal metal detector has?

Smithyy1
  • Forum posts: 21

Mar 27, 2020, 6:24:28 PM via Website

I think you better use a normal metal detector for things like that one. A phone app is not exactly the thing you need, and it will never be as good as a metal detector could be. Of course it seems to be much easier to use a phone rather than using a metal detector, but you have to believe me that you can easily use a metal detector for beginners, and it won't be as hard as you think it could be. To cut it short, I would recommend you to this article about best metal detector for beginners. I am sure that you will understand how to use a metal detector, also you will see how easy it could be.

— modified on Mar 29, 2020, 5:59:15 PM