Want to know about my app suspend in play store

• Replies:3
  • Answered
Dhruv Patel
  • Forum posts: 9

Jul 29, 2014, 6:29:10 PM via Website

Hiii,

Recently google suspend my 2 apps and got a mail that "Violation of the intellectual property and impersonation or deceptive behavior". But I used all my own resources and some open source icons provided by Google. Due to this, it's also removed from AndroidPIT

So,please let me know about this issue...

Links of app : https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/com.dhruv.contactspro/android-l-contacts-pro

https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/com.dhruv.contacts/android-l-contacts-lite

Here's some of the screenshots

— modified on Jul 29, 2014, 6:45:02 PM

Karthick Chandrasekaran
  • Forum posts: 55

Jul 29, 2014, 10:58:58 PM via Website

Hey Dhruv

I hope your App's name is Android L Contacts. The word android is a copyrighted name and using the word android unless you have the permission it is a breach of google play policy which is "violation of intellectual property and impersonation". This must the reason behind it.

Dhruv Patel

Dhruv Patel
  • Forum posts: 9

Jul 30, 2014, 2:43:47 AM via Website

Karthick Chandrasekaran

Hey Dhruv

I hope your App's name is Android L Contacts. The word android is a copyrighted name and using the word android unless you have the permission it is a breach of google play policy which is "violation of intellectual property and impersonation". This must the reason behind it.

Bt, android is open source project, then how can anyone did like this???

Karthick Chandrasekaran
  • Forum posts: 55

Jul 31, 2014, 7:41:01 PM via Website

Dhruv Patel

Karthick Chandrasekaran

Hey Dhruv

Bt, android is open source project, then how can anyone did like this???

Yes, the project is but using the name android in Google Play is a violation. there are only 3 things comes under this.

1. Using copyrighted names, Icons or text.
  2. Naming your app like the existing app. I hope Android L Calc came before your app and that app was from different user.
  3. Making an app similar to the device app such as camera, contact and messaging.

I hope your app is mainly comes under 2&3.

Dhruv Patel