Xiaomi

• Replies:9
John Lynch
  • Forum posts: 9

Jul 16, 2014, 6:32:55 PM via Website

Haven't seen anybody talking about these guys on here. Exciting new addition to the Chinese manufacturers set. Good quality apparently, and starting an international roll-out this year.

Any thoughts?

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 18, 2014, 12:01:49 PM via Website

I only just heard about this company a few days ago!

I'm really looking forward to seeing their devices released in the west, I think everybody should be. More competition can only be a good thing and, as you say, the devices are apparently really well made. They seem to be really popular too if this research is to be believed:

http://www.counterpointresearch.com/top10may2014

What are your thoughts, John?

John Lynch
  • Forum posts: 9

Jul 21, 2014, 3:54:53 PM via Website

Hi Scott!

I think there is huge potential for a brand that combine low cost, with high function and a really cool brand image (which Xiaomi/Mi seems to be doing with some success).

It will also be interesting to see how the model works outside China. Xiaomi use their own app store in China, but will run Google Play in international markets.

Not sure if you have any thoughts on that, Scott. I can't see them making much profit on the device itself, and without the app store, where will the dollars come from?

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 22, 2014, 2:31:32 PM via Website

Ahhh okay so they don't use the Play Store in China. Well, Motorola can afford to sell powerful units at a low price still, so hopefully the Play Store thing won't interfere too much. Hopefully...

Jean L.
  • Forum posts: 12

Aug 20, 2014, 10:14:18 AM via Website

agree

wisto rearm
  • Forum posts: 15

Nov 28, 2016, 7:33:41 PM via Website

Xiaomi has taken the lead of Chinese manufacturer and they are not only playing with mobiles but the hole electronics niche as well...

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 10

Nov 28, 2016, 8:14:47 PM via Website

Xiaomi is roaring in market ...

tesss cord
  • Forum posts: 12

Nov 29, 2016, 7:30:38 PM via Website

Xiaomi Redmi

jon renia
  • Forum posts: 11

Nov 29, 2016, 7:35:04 PM via Website

Xiaomi Mi Mix is best