LG G3 Cat.6 — Battery endurance of G3 during web browsing.

• Replies:3
Ranjeesh
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 12, 2014, 11:23:45 PM via App

I'm thinking about buying a G3 next month and I've been reading various reviews about the phone. I recently read in one of the reviews that G3's battery lasts less than 7 hours when browsing the web continuously, but lasts around 10 hrs when watching videos. I know the QHD display consumes a lot of power and LG have optimised it to consume less power, but I don't understand how the battery lasts longer when watching videos than it does when browsing the web?
Can someone shed some light on this issue?

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 14, 2014, 5:20:13 PM via Website

Ranjeesh

I'm thinking about buying a G3 next month and I've been reading various reviews about the phone. I recently read in one of the reviews that G3's battery lasts less than 7 hours when browsing the web continuously, but lasts around 10 hrs when watching videos. I know the QHD display consumes a lot of power and LG have optimised it to consume less power, but I don't understand how the battery lasts longer when watching videos than it does when browsing the web?
Can someone shed some light on this issue?

Hi Ranjeesh,

I highly doubt the device could last longer playing videos than browsing the internet. I mean, maybe if the internet browsing was done continuously and while the screen brightness was at it's maximum, and the videos were played at the lowest brightness?? Even still I wouldn't believe it.

In my experience, the battery is just about on par with any of the other flagship devices (S5, One M8, Z2 etc), but it depends on how you use it. I think playing videos in particular, the G3 is going to lose battery life faster than the others because of the QHD display. But for normal use I expect it is about the same.

I'd like to know what other users think though :)

— modified on Jul 14, 2014, 5:20:49 PM

Ranjeesh
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 15, 2014, 9:36:37 AM via App

Thank you Scott for clearing that up.

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 16, 2014, 11:27:13 AM via Website

No problem :D

In my experience the G3 does take a while to charge though, but you can switch it off or put it in airplane mode to charge it faster :)