Huawei Ascend P6 — Big problems in Huawei Ascend p6 after update to 4.4.2 - contacts, lags, gps, etc.

• Replies:11
Dinko Kortzanov
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 10, 2014, 1:35:43 PM via Website

Hi,

Ever since I updated to 4.4.2 my phone has completely stopped working well.

Biggest problem is that my contacts don't show up every once in a while. Now it's been 3 days and they're no where to be found.

Also GPS can't connect both offline and online, and the phone is really laggy over all.

All of this after update.

How can i fix the contacts issue!

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jul 10, 2014, 1:52:10 PM via Website

Well @Dinko,

I am afraid but I think your device needs re-initialisation, :( as you said the problems starts popping out after the update. So, backup your data and perform a factory reset that should fix the issue you're currently experiencing.

PS: If you don't want to perform the factory reset wait a while to see if other members came up with something new. (thinking)

Dinko Kortzanov

Jul 10, 2014, 1:57:55 PM via Website

Pfff,

I can't even back it up. It just freezes on anything I do. I restarted it 100 times. It just seems to be completely useless after the update.

And I can't risk doing a factory reset, as I still have valuable stuff I need to get out.....

— modified on Jul 10, 2014, 1:58:42 PM

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jul 10, 2014, 2:09:43 PM via Website

@Dino that's said :( have you tired connecting you device to the PC ? Well I know it freezes... :? Dino I would say wait a bit more while to see if other members have any tricks to help you out ! In the mean time try to stay calm, don't panic I know there would be some way (thinking)

Dinko Kortzanov

Aug 21, 2014, 3:33:11 PM via Website

Hey,

Does anyone have a solution for this? I have now re-installed my phone 4 times, updated the firmware to b512 done everything..And the contacts are still not showing up!! It freezes all the time, it overheats, all these problems were not evident before the 4.4.2 update!

Please someone help!

Meddy
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 22, 2014, 11:03:05 AM via Website

Hi Dinko,

I also have a similar problem with my P6 since I upgraded to 4.4.2 B512. i also upgraded the firmware to B635 thinking that it will solve the problem of contacts not responding and phone getting very very hot. The other functions of the phone are okay only the contacts.

This happens once in a while and there are times when it factions very well with all the contacts okay.

kindly help.

أحمد غيث
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 10, 2015, 10:54:21 AM via Website

Hi
the same problem with my phone P6 after upgrade, is there any one have a solution ?

is there any way to back to previous version ?

please advise ? (angel)

Regards,
Ahmed

Pedro Jan Solo IV

Mar 31, 2015, 7:22:00 PM via Website

I downloaded the app Google contact sync from Aptoide store and could sync the contacts with Google without root required.

Still strugling with the GPS.

Regards

Bilal Saleem

Jun 25, 2015, 7:26:02 AM via Website

Hello Everyone,

I am also facing the same issue. any one reading this blog found any solution for this prob?

Regards,

Borche Nikolovski

Oct 12, 2015, 9:19:48 PM via Website

Hi,I have resolve this problem with instaling exDialer from google play market and its now working good.I have version 4.4.2 kit kat B512 upgrade to B520.

— modified on Oct 12, 2015, 9:27:19 PM

Sunil Kumar

Sunil Kumar

Dec 8, 2015, 9:07:57 AM via Website

Borche Nikolovski

Hi,I have resolve this problem with instaling exDialer from google play market and its now working good.I have version 4.4.2 kit kat B512 upgrade to B520.

Borche Nikolo, i never wrote comments to anyone in my life.... but only for you for the first time. You saved my day. Thanx for sharing information. Exdialer worked like charm.
God bless you more.
Thanks a million.

Beza Kassahun

Mar 2, 2016, 12:15:12 AM via Website

Thanks for the info. One more question though, is there anyway to select sim cards? I have two sim on my phone and I would like to use particular sim to make calls when I use the app exDialler. Thanks again

• List item