Samsung Galaxy S3 — Samsung Galaxy 3 upgrade to 4.4.2 missing microphone

• Replies:7
John Enrietto
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 7, 2014, 8:50:10 PM via Website

I upgraded to Kitkat 4.4.2 and when I go to texting, the mic icon is missing in the keyboard area. If I hold the button to the left of the space bar, I get the following 5 options: stylus, clipboard, settings, emoji face, keyboard-for voice input, but no mic. Any idea what I did, and how I would get the mic back?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jul 8, 2014, 4:25:03 AM via Website

John Enrietto

I upgraded to Kitkat 4.4.2 and when I go to texting, the mic icon is missing in the keyboard area. If I hold the button to the left of the space bar, I get the following 5 options: stylus, clipboard, settings, emoji face, keyboard-for voice input, but no mic. Any idea what I did, and how I would get the mic back?

select the keyboard-for voice option
To get it back to microphone hold space , now handwriting (which is the pencil), clipboard, microphone, and settings will popup . Just select the microphone or keyboard for voice and it will stay there .

or

Go to Settings.
Tap My device tab.
Scroll down to find Language and input, then tap it.
Check the box in the left side of Google voice typing to enable this option. Enable this option will make the Mic button available on your Samsung keyboard and vice versa.
Now, open an app that requires you to use keyboard, such as Messaging app.
On keyboard, long tap the key in the left side of Space bar. You should see the Microphone icon displayed in the pop up menu as one of available option.

— modified on Jul 8, 2014, 4:26:11 AM

Ready To Help You.

John Enrietto

Jul 8, 2014, 2:25:44 PM via Website

When I go to settings/language and input, there are only two options available:
Samsung keyboard
Swype.

No option for google or voice.

There is an option in settings/languageand input/text-to-speech options/google text to speech, but I don't think that has anything to do with what I am looking for. It goes the other direction. Other than that, I find no reference to google voice in my setting options.
I'd take a screen shot, but that appears to not be working either.(home&power button)

Deactivated Account

John Enrietto

Jul 8, 2014, 2:35:37 PM via Website

Got screen shot to work with "motion"

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 4, 2014, 2:40:08 PM via Website

Same problem. Solution didn't work.

luizagabi
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 4, 2014, 3:03:29 PM via Website

Nice one answer. I agree with mobile crackers.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 4, 2014, 4:01:39 PM via Website

did not work for me either

ken
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 6, 2019, 7:59:56 AM via Website

For all those now, or in the past 4 or 5 years, have wondered "...what happened to the mic on your S3 Mini keyboard...", this is what I found. I needed to free up some space on my phone so among others I 'disabled' the Google app that came with the phone. So... to get the microphone back, open the "Play Store" and search using the word 'Google'. A list of many Google apps will show up. Scroll the list until you find the "Google" search app. To the right you will see 'Disabled'. Click on that to enable. Restart the phone and the mic symbol will be back on the keyboard.

— modified on Mar 6, 2019, 8:01:28 AM