Is this business idea possible?

• Replies:4
Matin S.
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 7, 2014, 10:21:18 AM via Website

Hey guys,
I'm new to app development and the business of it.
I had this idea, where I would create apps for a certain kind of business.
As far as i know, it is the norm to sell the app to the business, you created it for.

BUT! This may be a stupid idea, but keep in mind I'm just a newbie to this kind of stuff:

What if I create an app for a business, but get a monthly fee for the business to use it ? It would still be in my name and the business uses it to enhance their revenues, website etc.
would provide maintenance, if they updated their website or whatever I'd update the app they r using etc.

Is this kind of monetization possible or are there some overlooked flaws ?

Thank you for your response.

— modified on Jul 7, 2014, 10:41:23 AM

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 7, 2014, 11:34:00 AM via Website

Matin S.

Hey guys,
I'm new to app development and the business of it.
I had this idea, where I would create apps for a certain kind of business.
As far as i know, it is the norm to sell the app to the business, you created it for.

BUT! This may be a stupid idea, but keep in mind I'm just a newbie to this kind of stuff:

What if I create an app for a business, but get a monthly fee for the business to use it ? It would still be in my name and the business uses it to enhance their revenues, website etc.
would provide maintenance, if they updated their website or whatever I'd update the app they r using etc.

Is this kind of monetization possible or are there some overlooked flaws ?

Thank you for your response.

Well I know WhatsApp charges a yearly fee for use and is available for download from the Play Store, so I presume it's possible to charge a monthly fee for apps too.

Matin S.
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 7, 2014, 11:48:12 AM via Website

Scott Adam Gordon

Well I know WhatsApp charges a yearly fee for use and is available for download from the Play Store, so I presume it's possible to charge a monthly fee for apps too.

interesting.. thanks ! I'll think about how to make this a possibility :D

herry prothyer
  • Forum posts: 88

Aug 4, 2014, 9:23:00 AM via Website

We all know now a days whatsapp is very popular app some people are really obsessed with this app so that's why they paying monthly charge. even there are a lot of application like hike, line but they just want whatsapp. so first of all we have to make popular our app as whatsapp as. we have to set the thing on people's mind that they just need our app no other way, then people will willing to pay monthly charges to our app.

— modified on Aug 4, 2014, 9:31:10 AM

alex
  • Forum posts: 8

Aug 6, 2014, 11:13:08 AM via Website

But your app should be very good.